Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what's your thoughts on the butt out tool?

Started by slicksbeagles1, April 14, 2011, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

have any of you every used one of these things?

redarrow

It is one gadget that I laughed my butt off at until I tried it. I like it. It actually works. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

PANYHunter

Quote from: redarrow on April 14, 2011, 07:13:08 PM
It is one gadget that I laughed my butt off at until I tried it. I like it. It actually works. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
I thought the same thing.  My dad found them for cheap and gave me one.  It does actually work.

bowhunter84

i've got the one for deer and it is great but i havent tried the turkey one.

Odessa

Guy at the sporting goods store told me he sells twice as many for gag gifts as he sells to hunters wanting to actually use them.  Of course he had no trouble selling me one cause I like to try gadgets! (Got the swan/goose model - should be good for turkey too).
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Mailman

If buying one for deer, get the big game one instead. Gives you more room to get a grip on it.
One Shot One Kill

HogBiologist

I never felt the need for something like that.  I dont gut my deer anyway.  Only reason to gut one is to get the ribs.  Aint enough meat on the ribs to feed a skunk.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Number17

Man oh Man.....Guess you don't like to eat filet mignon then???  Then best part on the entire deer can't be cut out unless the deer is gutted.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

runngun

Camoman said he don't like them cause they HURT !!!! ;D    :TooFunny:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

new2turkey

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

HogBiologist

Quote from: Number17 on April 15, 2011, 10:15:15 PM
Man oh Man.....Guess you don't like to eat filet mignon then???  Then best part on the entire deer can't be cut out unless the deer is gutted.

No you dont have to gut em for that.  I get the tender loins.  I slit the abdomen along the back bone between the ribs and hips, reach in and grab them.  I would tick a buzzard off when I get through with a deer.  Only thing left is the ribs.  I just dont see the need to gut em if you aint gonna take the ribs.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

PANYHunter

Quote from: LaBiologist on April 15, 2011, 10:28:38 PM
Quote from: Number17 on April 15, 2011, 10:15:15 PM
Man oh Man.....Guess you don't like to eat filet mignon then???  Then best part on the entire deer can't be cut out unless the deer is gutted.

No you dont have to gut em for that.  I get the tender loins.  I slit the abdomen along the back bone between the ribs and hips, reach in and grab them.  I would tick a buzzard off when I get through with a deer.  Only thing left is the ribs.  I just dont see the need to gut em if you aint gonna take the ribs.

It makes them a heck of a lot easier to drag.  Of course our deer weigh a bit more up here.   :goofball:

Mailman

It makes them a heck of a lot easier to drag.  Of course our deer weigh a bit more up here.   :goofball:
[/quote]
I'm not dragging it out with that extra weight! Plus if you dont get it processed that same day (let hang for a day or 2) I dont want that gut in there. Exspecially if your shot placement was in the boiler were it should be with a bow.
One Shot One Kill

PANYHunter

Quote from: Mailman on April 16, 2011, 08:54:11 AM

I'm not dragging it out with that extra weight! Plus if you dont get it processed that same day (let hang for a day or 2) I dont want that gut in there. Exspecially if your shot placement was in the boiler were it should be with a bow.

exactly