OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Friction calls

Started by LaLongbeard, August 05, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Playing around with a couple glass and aluminum pot calls and was wondering how many others use only friction calls during the spring. I have used mouth calls some and called in a few gobblers but I am a lot more confident in a pot call or box call even a scratch box anybody else?
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

West Augusta

It's pot calls and trumpets for me.  I carry a long box but mainly use it as a locator.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Farmboy27

I'm actually the opposite. I carry and have called in birds with friction calls, but I am way more confident in my diaphragm calling. I just never felt I could get the cadence right with a pot call. Wish I could because I know lots of guys that sound amazing on pot and box calls.

callmakerman

I carry a pocket full of everything but the pot call see's about 80+% of the calling duty. Love pot calls.

3bailey3

Greg Massey

Pot's and box calls for me...don't care for mouth calls...much...

falltoms

I make my own calls, from box to wingbones. I use them all but the boxes are my favorite.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Farmboy27 on August 05, 2017, 05:43:37 PM
I'm actually the opposite. I carry and have called in birds with friction calls, but I am way more confident in my diaphragm calling. I just never felt I could get the cadence right with a pot call. Wish I could because I know lots of guys that sound amazing on pot and box calls.
Same.  Most of my birds were called in with mouth calls.  I've killed a few with boxes and pot calls.  My rhythm is so bad I'm not very good on a box.   :z-dizzy:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hook hanger

I use what I have the most confidence in at the moment. Usually it's a pot call I have.

dejake

I always start with a pot. If need be, I finish up with a mouth call.

Chris O

Quote from: dejake on August 06, 2017, 04:30:53 AM
I always start with a pot. If need be, I finish up with a mouth call.
X2

gergg

I can probably run a pot and diaphragm better than any other call and have used them successfully for 95% of the birds I have killed....But, I am really enjoying using trumpets lately and I am finding them very realistic sounding in the woods, the birds seem to like them too. Plus I like the challenge of trying to master these dang trumpets....lol
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

jed clampett

Pots and boxes...love a good longbox...i always keep a mouthcall in to make his head pop up at the end...so I don't have to move my hands and concentrate on the shot

quavers59

Natural voice,wingbones, boxes, and pots for me. I just ordered a call from the Spurmaster after watching his several utube videos. Members need to watch those.  I have a feeling that the Spurmaster call and a nail call will be my new top callers.

mgm1955