Main Menu

Price drop..........Mickel's first book

Started by Yoder409, July 18, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Turkey Call Makers Past and Present
Mick's Picks

The one.  The original.

Paperback original in good, but well read condition. No rips or tears that I am aware of.  But a few small crinkles here or there........like you can see in the picture.  The inner binding is visible where the color plates are attached.  But there are no loose pages.  The book is really, probably in better shape than I am making it out to be.  Just know it is a 30 year old reference paperback.........

It is signed by Earl Mickel (to an individual) in the appropriate place inside the front cover.

$350 TYD
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I wish.  The only one that I don't have. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

IMHO , that is the best of the  three books in the series. Mine is dogeared and worn. I bought it from Steve Turpin in Memphis at a sporting goods store he was working at. $40.

A serious turkey call enthusiast needs to have this book in his library.

Good luck with your sale. It's worth $375 fir sure. I have seen copies sell for much higher.
Royal Slam 2008

Scpossum

Happy hooker

Anybody know if they ever reprinted articles from these books,,online,or magazines etc. I'd just love to read it not collect it.

nitro

Not that I am aware of.

Quote from: Happy hooker on July 20, 2017, 05:22:30 PM
Anybody know if they ever reprinted articles from these books,,online,or magazines etc. I'd just love to read it not collect it.
Royal Slam 2008

GSLAM95

I agree with Nitro it's worth every penny!  I have carried mine around to many conventions and had many call makers sign their page of the book.  It's a piece of folk art history...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

nitro

I had thought about doing that and probably missed quite a few opportunities to have a callmaker sign..

Only one call maker and Earl have signed my book. I'm cool with it.

Someone needs to buy this book..

Quote from: GSLAM95 on July 20, 2017, 06:16:47 PM
I agree with Nitro it's worth every penny!  I have carried mine around to many conventions and had many call makers sign their page of the book.  It's a piece of folk art history...
Royal Slam 2008

Yoder409

Thanks for all the positive comments on this one fellers !!

Guess everybody that wants one already has one..........     Not looking to move much on price on this one.   This book was a small edition with no reprints.   They ain't no more.......

Bumping it back up just in case
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

mgm1955

Quote from: GSLAM95 on July 20, 2017, 06:16:47 PM
Great idea!!

Yoder409

btt at $350 TYD

If you need one of these, I seriously doubt you'll find one cheaper.
PA elitist since 1979

Matt k

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Last bump then off to eBay it goes.......

Going once.........    :wave:
PA elitist since 1979