Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looks like ol Bill Busbice done got caught poaching.

Started by Happy, June 26, 2017, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

And the decoys didn't have a dang thing to do with it  :newmascot: :smiley-char092:

g8rvet

Was he using an Elk decoy?   

dat right der what I want to no. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

SteelerFan

Glad to see the Outdoor Channel dropped him and the show. Busbice is reported to be worth $100 million, so the $23k fine is insignificant. I've seen / heard / read enough to form an opinion about his character. I won't reward him in any manner.

Happy

Quote from: g8rvet on June 27, 2017, 03:54:37 PM

Yes, but he got confused and shot it also.
In all honesty it has nothing to do with the fact that he makes decoys for me anyways. It has everything to do with his lack of respect for an animals life and the law. I don't want people that have nothing to do with this to suffer at all. I want him to be accountable for his behavior as well as for his boys to be accountable for their actions. The were a horrible representation of hunting and they aren't the only ones.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

the Ward

Quote from: g8rvet on June 27, 2017, 03:54:37 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: it works almost as good as his bald eagle decoy

TauntoHawk

I've been giving this some thought today, now I disliked everything about that family and show.. but he has very little to do with some of the companies he has ownership or a stake in on a day to day basis. Sure I don't want to support him for even a penny but if you opted to not purchase anything from every company owned or run by a moral-less dirt bag I have a feeling itd be pretty hard to shop.

I think he got off too light and that it won't stop him from violating game laws in the future but I also won't burn my tenzing fanny pack anytime soon either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Massey

MAN YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT MY BLOOD PRESSURE BOILING TODAY... :turkey2: :fud:

Timmer

It's us ethical hunters who often pay the price for the ones that are immoral.  The non-hunting public sees these shows, and reads news like this, and they believe it's the way we all think and act.  Ultimately, the majority has the power to impact perceptions by consuming what represents us.  That's why it's important to boycott shows, and their product sponsors, when they do not represent the character of the us true hunters, who I believe are the vast majority of us.

:jesus-cross: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Farmboy27

Before reading all this I really had no clue who this guy was. I haven't watched any hunting shows in years. Will I keep using the products from his companies that I already own?  Heck yes. Will I buy any more? Can't really say. If anyone really thinks that he is the only crooked hunting celebrity or company owner, then I'm sure you are sadly mistaken. He's just the latest one to get caught. Let's just face it, they are celebrities.  Maybe not to the extent of mainstream actors or singers, but certainly more well known then the majority. There comes a time when most celebrities lose touch with reality and begin to think of themselves as being above the rest of us and above the law. The love of money surpasses the love of what got them there and all they can think about is how to stay on top. I'm not saying that this guy isn't a disgrace, (he is) I'm saying that he sure isn't the only one. If we only knew just who we are throwing money at when we by products we would probably all be shocked.

falltoms

Quote from: Farmboy27 on June 27, 2017, 09:17:58 PM
Before reading all this I really had no clue who this guy was. I haven't watched any hunting shows in years. Will I keep using the products from his companies that I already own?  Heck yes. Will I buy any more? Can't really say. If anyone really thinks that he is the only crooked hunting celebrity or company owner, then I'm sure you are sadly mistaken. He's just the latest one to get caught. Let's just face it, they are celebrities.  Maybe not to the extent of mainstream actors or singers, but certainly more well known then the majority. There comes a time when most celebrities lose touch with reality and begin to think of themselves as being above the rest of us and above the law. The love of money surpasses the love of what got them there and all they can think about is how to stay on top. I'm not saying that this guy isn't a disgrace, (he is) I'm saying that he sure isn't the only one. If we only knew just who we are throwing money at when we by products we would probably all be shocked.
a
Ain't that the truth.

SinGin

I dare to ask but what companies does he have a part of?

sixbird

Like others have said, glad the Outdoor Channel ditched them...They are the worst representatives of our sport that there could be. They wound animals and then hoop and holler as if they'd done something good. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the dud son shoot low arrows and brag about his accurate equipment. I saw him skip an arrow into a turkey and hoot about how he "smoked 'em." I stopped watching them a while ago, although they come on and I occasionally watch to see the train wreck. I don't know why because by the time the show is over, I'm pissed yet again... Anyway, good riddance...

fallhnt

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2017, 01:40:21 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 27, 2017, 02:41:00 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2017, 12:32:30 AM
Just because he sales products or owns companies does make the product guilty. Who's guilty is Bill Busbice.
I agree,but if people support the clown by buying his products and watching his show we'll never see the clown do a disappearing act.
You need to think also how many people he has employee in his companies, these people didn't kill the Elk....
His employees live in China

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

Nothing I own...

fallhnt

Oh ya...remember that show he had on A&E ? Something Buck$ . I saw part of it once, don't know if it's still airing.