OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looks like ol Bill Busbice done got caught poaching.

Started by Happy, June 26, 2017, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2017, 12:32:30 AM
Just because he sales products or owns companies does make the product guilty. Who's guilty is Bill Busbice.
Buying from a company he owns is like paying his poaching fines in my opinion .Now if you already own decoys etc. From his company, you don't have to burn them, not saying that. But purchasing any more stuff from his company is not going to help deture him from going out and doing the same thing again.
I see a lot of people on here who stood up against shooting past 40 yards away and from fanning .
Use of decoys and blinds,roost shooting,parking lots-who's there first and many many more things .
Selling someone else's product, your really can't condemn them unless they still support Busbice .
But  buying from his own company or promotion of his products should not be continued.
I would think this would be the first thing that those who argue about ethics and fair hunting methods would be against.

Some thing of this manner should be condemned by all who hunt and fish legally.

silvestris

Just because he sales products or owns companies does make the product guilty. Who's guilty is Bill Busbice.

He is guilty, his "company" is guilty and his customers who use his crap decoys are guilty as well.  Don't fail to include your decoy in your trophy photo, the decoy deserve all of the credit for the kill.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

TauntoHawk

I did not realize he owned so many companies.. Does make me think, I really can't stand these guys
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: silvestris on June 27, 2017, 10:24:30 AM

He is guilty, his "company" is guilty and his customers who use his crap decoys are guilty as well.  Don't fail to include your decoy in your trophy photo, the decoy deserve all of the credit for the kill.
How do you know calling to the turkeys didn't bring them to the decoy?????

crow

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 27, 2017, 10:59:36 AM
Quote from: silvestris on June 27, 2017, 10:24:30 AM

How do you know calling to the turkeys didn't bring them to the decoy?????

did you ever hear how bad their turkey calls sound?---- Thats how you know, at least their decoys look better than their calls sound.

silvestris

How would know that one employed a call that would call a turkey without the decoy.  I prefer to know that my call killed the turkey.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: silvestris on June 27, 2017, 12:46:59 PM
How would know that one employed a call that would call a turkey without the decoy.  I prefer to know that my call killed the turkey.
That's easy...when they gobble at your call from a long ways off. Call.. turkey answers..call again it answers.. and is closing the distance. If your not using a decoy how do you know it didn't just wander in ???

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 27, 2017, 02:41:00 AM
I agree,but if people support the clown by buying his products and watching his show we'll never see the clown do a disappearing act.
You need to think also how many people he has employee in his companies, these people didn't kill the Elk....

the Ward

How does an article about a tv dude poaching elk turn into a turkey decoy vs no decoy argument lol!   :TooFunny:  Seriously though, sometimes I wonder if the people who produce these shows are secret anti hunters. It would go along way explaining why they continually chose these sort of people to put on tv to represent hunters to the general public. And like others have posted, I ain't buying nothing from them, he can pay his own fines.

Forked lighting

Thats whats happens when you make a living out of a sport ever notice how all the turkey hunting shows never kill a turkey at daylight isn't that strange

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Some of you, all this is another way for you to get piss off at people who use decoy's ...Just because the man own a decoy company. OMG....  again , if you don't like him don't watch his shows or buy his products. I didn't say in my first post that i buy his products. All i said IS, his products are not guilty of killing the ELK...If your going to say it was his products also that were guilty , then what about all of us who kill wildlife with a gun , is the gun guilty...??  Hey Guy's i have some Wildgame Innovations products for sale anyone interested? These item may be collector items in the near further if everyone stops buying these products. I just love my Avian-X decoy's ...

Hooksfan

Sure seems like even his home folks don't care too much for him. I usually reserve judgement about folks I don't personally know and also tend to be skeptical of many of the "celebrity " folks who get busted on some bogus charges ala Troy Landry and his run in with some overzealous Arkansas Agents....., but this one is a pretty egregious offense on the face of it and looks like the dude deserves all of the grief he catches over it. 
I do own some of his decoys--both duck and turkey, and I plan on continuing to use them.  Before I decide on whether I will continue to buy his product I will take into consideration the folks who work for him, especially since I assume his operation is based in my home state of Louisiana.  I have driven through Olla, LA.  Those folks need all of the revenue they can get.

owlhoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2017, 01:40:21 PM
I agree,but if people support the clown by buying his products and watching his show we'll never see the clown do a disappearing act.
You need to think also how many people he has employee in his companies, these people didn't kill the Elk....?
You think he gives crap about his employees ? Heck for what he pays in fines ,ya know he could have paid a bonus to one  of them who would talk him out of this.
This poaching was done by himself and his swollen rich head. Not because he wanted to give his employees a raise, which it sounds like they needed from a post on here .

Greg Massey

Quote from: owlhoot on June 27, 2017, 02:24:10 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2017, 01:40:21 PM
You need to think also how many people he has employee in his companies, these people didn't kill the Elk....?
You think he gives crap about his employees ? Heck for what he pays in fines ,ya know he could have paid a bonus to one  of them who would talk him out of this.
This poaching was done by himself and his swollen rich head. Not because he wanted to give his employees a raise, which it sounds like they needed from a post on here .
OwlHoot- it will be OKK who gives a HOOT.....

owlhoot

Well now some of his employees will be without jobs because the outdoor channel suspended him and wild game nations. Effective immediately.
And I do feel sorry for some of the employees who won't have a job ? Question is does he even care. Very doubtful as I have known the type