turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Black Locust striker?

Started by Wvgobbler, June 23, 2017, 11:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wvgobbler

I recently just got a black locust striker from Matt McClain. And I'm blown away on how good that striker runs on my calls. There isn't a call or surface that striker won't run. You never hear too many people talk about Black Locust but it's an all around good striker. How many of you guys run them and do you like it on many surface's?

SteelerFan

Matt's black locust and Steve Torman's black locust are just great. Not as sexy as exotics, but play every bit as well as any, for sure!

davisd9

Plan on getting one from Mr. Fowler very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

zsully

I run a fowler black locust.  I like it so much I just ordered another one from him to keep as a back up.

Forked lighting

Orderred a tube call from Matt came in the other day really nice sent me black locust striker you are right it works good on everything Matt nice to do business with

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Matt's Black Locust is awesome!

Ol Yelper

Yep, Matts black locust is a great striker. He also makes others that are really good. I have a mac  ebony, bubinga, and an ironwood that also play on everything and sound great. He has lots of woods and his prices are pretty reasonable. Give him a call or PM him here. Matt builds some high quality stuff.

Footballer

It's my go-to striker on slate

Triple B

Quote from: Footballer on June 25, 2017, 08:45:58 PM
It's my go-to striker on slate.

One of my favorites on slate as well.

ncwoodsman

Steve Torman's hollow bell black locust is my favorite striker for slate.

davisd9

My Fowler Black Locust should be in the mail any day! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

sbbow

Very nice !

Wvgobbler

Quote from: davisd9 on June 29, 2017, 05:21:17 PM

very nice!! I bet Harold's black locust is a killer also.

NCbowjunkie

Donald , let me know how the black locust runs on the site that I sent you.