OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What injuries did not keep you out of the woods

Started by tha bugman, June 12, 2017, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

Quote from: crow on June 12, 2017, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: silvestris on June 12, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
Try a stroke on for size if you want to try on a game changer.   It ain't for the topwater.

I'm glad your still here and wish you a full recovery

Thanx, getting better every day but rather be turkey hunting; sure hate missing most of last season.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Farmboy27

Had a severe shoulder dislocation 2 days before season one year. Doc said my arm had to stay in a sling for 3 weeks min.  It was my left shoulder and I shoot left handed. Borrowed a single shot 20 gauge and shot a bird the second day. It was a jake and I was probably prouder of that bird than of all the longbeards before or since! 

guesswho

Not me, but figured I'd share.   This is pretty hard core.   My Mom was battling breast cancer, just had a mastectomy and was going through chemo.   Naturally the chemo drained her energy and kept her sick the majority of the time.  She said she could be sick in the woods just as easy as in bed so she hunted as hard that year as any in the past.  She managed to kill two while dealing with all of it.   I've killed a few birds in my life but have never earned one as much as she earned those two.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on June 12, 2017, 08:15:26 PM
Not me, but figured I'd share.   This is pretty hard core.   My Mom was battling breast cancer, just had a mastectomy and was going through chemo.   Naturally the chemo drained her energy and kept her sick the majority of the time.  She said she could be sick in the woods just as easy as in bed so she hunted as hard that year as any in the past.  She managed to kill two while dealing with all of it.   I've killed a few birds in my life but have never earned one as much as she earned those two.

What a great story and picture...

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

That is an inspiration
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Farmboy27

Dang. I suddenly feel like a big sissy!!  Now that is absolutely hard core!  Great story and definitely an unbelievably tough woman!  I'm gonna be thinking of that next time I think I'm having a rough time and feel like staying in bed!!

saverx

Ruptured disc in back. Bought a turkey chair and kept on hunting.

fallhnt

Do the guys that get "butthurt" on this forum hunt when they get "butthurt " ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

howl

Well, I was born being me. That was a pretty big setback...

crow

Guesswho, your mom definitely has some strong grit and determination,

it's encouraging seeing the pictures of her getting out and hunting just normally, but going thru what she did and still hunting is pure hardcore.

sixbird

I had food poisoning this year and missed one day. The only reason I missed one is that my sister insisted I go to hospital. Got out just as the sun was rising...Decided to skip that morning...I guess, compared to some of you guys, I'm a real sis. I did go the next morning if that's small redemption...

grayfox

Hunted the 2014 spring season with a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Killed one of my best gobblers that year. Had surgery after season went out. Hunted the 2016 spring season with a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder & a herniated disc in my neck. Had surgeries on both that summer. It's amazing how we can hunt with pain that would keep us out of work for sure.

Jbird22

In the Spring of 2013, I was still recovering from a pretty nasty foot injury (lisfranc fracture/dislocation) due to a treestand accident in October of 2012. After a surgery in October 2012 followed by 13 weeks of no weight bearing and another surgery in February 2013, I managed to limp my way through the woods that Spring. It was very memorable for me for many reasons! I only killed 1 turkey that year but it might be the one I cherish the most even to this day! God is good!

compton30

Ive woken up with the brown bottle flu a few times but still managed to soldier on into the turkey woods

tha bugman

Quote from: grayfox on June 12, 2017, 10:52:50 PM
Hunted the 2014 spring season with a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Killed one of my best gobblers that year. Had surgery after season went out. Hunted the 2016 spring season with a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder & a herniated disc in my neck. Had surgeries on both that summer. It's amazing how we can hunt with pain that would keep us out of work for sure.
Aint no workmens comp in the turkey woods!  ;D