OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sneed hot hen or Holloran wenge/walnut

Started by Abomb, June 08, 2017, 02:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abomb

davisd9

Have both and prefer the Halloran myself, but cannot go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

eorlando

I had the sneed and sold it. Actually had 2 different ones. I have the walnut wenge now and love it. Sneed was good I just preferred the halloran.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Had both and the sneed is still here. Was not impressed with the halloran. I love davids crystal , glass and ceramic but not his slate. You want a proven slate surface pot call , then the hot hen gets my vote hands down.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

WV Ridge Reaper

I have both and have hunted them both...Halloran stays in my vest

Bowguy

Halloran laminate slate blows em both away if you can find one. Schafers slate I like better too. The two mentioned calls to be honest I've run n don't own either.

HFultzjr

I think everyone should own a Sneed Hot Hen, just to have one!
Then buy whatever you like.
:funnyturkey:

SteelerFan

Quote from: HFultzjr on June 09, 2017, 10:21:18 AM
I think everyone should own a Sneed Hot Hen, just to have one!
Then buy whatever you like.
:funnyturkey:
TRUTH - and will add... ordered from Lonnie

letinmfly

You're obviously in the market for a slate pot and if you want a slate sounding call go with a Sneed call.  I'm not a fan of glass sounding slates, they make glass calls for that sound. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Abomb

I'm looking for a soft playing call. I like to play soft make that old gobbler come looking for me

sbbow

Quote from: letinmfly on June 09, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
You're obviously in the market for a slate pot and if you want a slate sounding call go with a Sneed call.  I'm not a fan of glass sounding slates, they make glass calls for that sound.
^^^^ this well said Lou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

243kid

I ordered a Sneed Hot Hen Monday then comes the hard part waiting patiently.

Very enjoyable man to talk with!

EZ

I have a lot of excellent slate calls and I love and hunt them all from time to time. The "Hot Hen" is ALWAYS in my vest.

Happy hooker

If your looking for a soft calling slate,,you might want Lonnie Sneeds lonesome hen this is a nice subtle sound,,you could get both the hot hen and lonesome for around the same price has most other slate calls.

sixbird

Lonnie's Hot Hen is a great call, as are his Outlaw Hen (green glass) and his Lonesome Hen. You won't go wrong with any of them...
Another guy to look at is Scott Hock. He makes a slate over slate in a white oak pot that is the epitome!
Hard to beat Jimmy Schaffer's slate in a walnut pot also...