OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum ceramic??

Started by Codeman, June 07, 2017, 09:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codeman

Who makes a great aluminum or ceramic pot call guys thanks

3bailey3

My vote for aluminum is Lon Trice or Kimmy Hanks

Coop1082

Love Hanks Padauk aluminum, but it's my only aluminum so maybe not the best person to ask about aluminum. I'm a glass/crystal guy. I just got a Daybreak Padauk Ceramic over glass in the mail today and it jumped right to the top of my list. Plays as soft as a slate and can scream just as loud as aluminum if you want it too. One of the most versatile pots I've ever had my hands on.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Fieldturkey

I think hallorans ceramic is better than the daybreak. If I was you I'd start there

coyote1

lights out aluminum in yellow heart is sweet sounding. I have only played the 3 ceramics i own but  they all sound good to me. Stumpy, stone road and lights out. 

Bowguy

I ran Hallorans ceramic a few days ago n agree it's one of the best. Aluminum you have Schafer, Mac, Jones, Dawkins, Lonzo other guys are good too but hard to get

beakbuster10

Dawkins stoned aluminum in the plastic pot. Daybreak is a fine ceramic call. Lonzo makes a really good aluminum too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballer

Jimmy Shafer Atomic 13 and Dawkins stoned aluminum in plastic pot.

hunter22

So many great pot call makers out there. For aluminum I like Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Jimmy Schaffer, Paul Platz, and Clint Corder. For ceramic I like Andy Kaiser, Daybreak, Chad Hutcheson (stumpy on here), Ed Jenkins, and Jack Mincey.

mgm1955

Quote from: hunter22 on June 08, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
So many great pot call makers out there. For aluminum I like Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Jimmy Schaffer, Paul Platz, and Clint Corder. For ceramic I like Andy Kaiser, Daybreak, Chad Hutcheson (stumpy on here), Ed Jenkins, and Jack Mincey.
These are all great. Lonnie Sneed makes a killer ceramic!

Spitten and drummen

jimmy schaffers original atomic 13 and lon trice anodized in a yellowheart pot.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spring Creek Calls

My favorite aluminum,  which has been involved in several kills, is an Enticer aluminum in a Corian pot. Haven't played with many ceramics, but the one I like is a Darryl Slaton.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Bowhuntr73

My choice would be Daybreak. The easiest to run for me in ceramic and aluminum.

greencop01

For aluminum can't beat Al Hobart of Enticer, great sound and birds are actually ' dying ' to hear it.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

sixbird

Be hard to beat a Jimmy Schaffer aluminum over aluminum. Been my experience with the stoned aluminum that they loose their sound quality pretty quickly and need to be conditioned way more than the blasted aluminum (I think that's what it's called...Has a roughish striking surface) that Jimmy uses...And it sounds great...