turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jimmy Shaffer crystal for sale! SOLD

Started by Browning87, June 06, 2017, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

Hey man I get ya, I didn't see the rush to sell between our conversation though because that call would have sold to many many people. I'm not mad. Or could have asked me bluntly did I want it or not if you don't wanna get burned. I got a Mahoe so I'm ok but I did miss a sweeeeeet call :funnyturkey: :drool:

davisd9

Quote from: Browning87 on June 06, 2017, 10:10:27 PM
Ok let's get this straight, I had a message from beardhunter87 saying interested and another from him that said can I hear it. I replied I don't have a sound file and that it sounds like jimmy Shaffer blue mahoe. In that time I received a message from bendback saying I'll take it. I've been burnt before from people saying they were interested and I would hold on to it only to have them back out. The way I see it in this board you either want it or not when it comes to calls like this. I've missed out on them myself because I didn't jump on them right away. I'm sorry that's the way I look at it
Brandon

Seems like an excuse to justify selling it from under beardhunter. If he did not send funds in a day or so then move one to the next guy, do not think a hour really does much to hurt the sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

compton30

Quote from: davisd9 on June 06, 2017, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: Browning87 on June 06, 2017, 10:10:27 PM
Ok let's get this straight, I had a message from beardhunter87 saying interested and another from him that said can I hear it. I replied I don't have a sound file and that it sounds like jimmy Shaffer blue mahoe. In that time I received a message from bendback saying I'll take it. I've been burnt before from people saying they were interested and I would hold on to it only to have them back out. The way I see it in this board you either want it or not when it comes to calls like this. I've missed out on them myself because I didn't jump on them right away. I'm sorry that's the way I look at it
Brandon

Seems like an excuse to justify selling it from under beardhunter. If he did not send funds in a day or so then move one to the next guy, do not think a hour really does much to hurt the sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree wholeheartedly. The folks selling calls on this medium are the ones who can change the culture of buyers undercutting each other. Whomever responds to the sale thread first, not pm, should have dibs. My  :z-twocents:

Coop1082

^^^ echo the above.... I've been lucky to have been treated well in the classifieds, but I've seen a few examples of what happened here.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

It's common forum classified practice that first to comment "I'll take it" is the rightful buyer.... PMing leads to line jumping and price gauging to "get the best price". Usually sellers who do this are put on a bad seller list, the two people that have sold out from under me and others in the last two days will definitely be someone I won't work with in the future.

Browning87

I'm sorry if I made that mistake. I too have been treated well on this forum on both ends buying and selling and wouldn't under cut anyone to sell to someone else. I was always under the impression that it was the first come out and say I'll take it and up until this point it's always been through pm's. Again I apologize to the members who missed out and I should handled the responses differently
Brandon

beardhunter87

It's ok man. Apology accepted. Just really obsessed with Schaffer and missed out on a beauty i always have wanted a laminate and that you try so hard all day to catch the right Pot and Post 1st. Maybe it's a sign that I have too many anyways  :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:

jed clampett

Well..the way it's been a long time now is the 1st person to pm or post on forum....then go buy the time on post...i used to post...i will take it on the forum...then somebody with a pm before me gets it....so you are better off to do both..lol.....and if you ask for a sound file...your usually screwed....when someone says I will take it without hearing it

jed clampett

Quote from: HookedonHooks on June 06, 2017, 10:35:08 PM
It's common forum classified practice that first to comment "I'll take it" is the rightful buyer.... PMing leads to line jumping and price gauging to "get the best price". Usually sellers who do this are put on a bad seller list, the two people that have sold out from under me and others in the last two days will definitely be someone I won't work with in the future.
.......you obviously haven't been on here in awhile???

beardhunter87

It's ok , but I was the first to PM AND Comment on the Post. It was in between PMs that someone said Want. If you post that you PMd, and also are the 1st to PM , give them a day or at least an hour to buy it.

bendback

Quote from: HookedonHooks on June 06, 2017, 09:54:25 PM
Does no one on here go by who commented on the post first? If I knew I just had to PM snipe people I'd have been doing that all along.

Just so everyone knows I've missed 3 calls on this forum where I was the fist to reply "I'll take it" only to find out someone else sent a PM prior to my posting. I now make it a habit to send the PM first followed by a forum post.