OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

THE NEW TURKEY HUNTERS...

Started by quavers59, June 04, 2017, 12:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Quote from: warrent423 on June 09, 2017, 10:46:51 PM
Some young, stupid, world class athelete. so called turkey hunter "sprints" past me to get to a Gobbler and I'm going to shoot the running gear right out from under 'em ;) Figures the a##hat was from Florida.
Really?!  Please let all of us "so called turkey hunters" know where you hunt so we don't get shot!  I've read a lot of things on this site that I don't agree with but never any that totally disgusted me like this post. Threatening to shoot someone over a turkey!!  Do us all a favor and get out of the woods and into therapy. 

Hooksfan

Quote from: warrent423 on June 10, 2017, 05:40:49 PMI'd put myself against any one of you "well traveled", part time guide, professional athlete hunters on any ground, in any state. No shame Quavers59.

Thats a pretty bold statement to make.I have been at this for a while,  had success doing the competitive calling thing years ago, and would say turkey hunting is my passion, but I would stop short of making the claim you just made. There are some guys on here that I would have to tip my hat to. Instead of challenging them, I would try to learn from them.
I understand exactly where VaTuRkStOmPeR is comingvfrom. He was initially responding to someone being critical of a friend of his, and in his response, threw out a legitimate criticism of his own. I would have done the same thing.
Nothing wrong with laying in there and working hard to tag out, and kudos for sticking with it. But, I wouldn't be saying I was as good as anyone on here either.

1iagobblergetter

Can't we all just get along...not shoot other hunters legs out from under them,hunt however it makes us happy within the law,and last but not least have a big ol O.G. group hug.....  :funnyturkey:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Hunting openers on public lands vs killing turkeys on public lands are two different things.  Sounds like you do a lot of the former and very little of the latter.

Best of luck in 2018.

Hooksfan

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 10, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
Can't we all just get along...not shoot other hunters legs out from under them,hunt however it makes us happy within the law,and last but not least have a big ol O.G. group hug.....  :funnyturkey:

I'm learning lots in this thread. I had no idea warrent423 was VaTuRkStOmPeRs Daddy.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Hooksfan on June 10, 2017, 09:27:05 PM

I'm learning lots in this thread. I had no idea warrent423 was VaTuRkStOmPeRs Daddy.
:TooFunny: Ya...I missed that also,but I still think a Group hug is in order. 

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 10, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

I agree, we all love turkey hunting regardless... so let's stop, take a minute and have a moment of silence and then a big group hug... Let's pay respect too all those turkeys living and non-living ...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 10, 2017, 09:49:57 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 10, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

I agree, we all love turkey hunting regardless... so let's stop, take a minute and have a moment of silence and then a big group hug... Let's pay respect too all those turkeys living and non-living ...
:happy0167:

donjuan

Well this has become quite the dick measuring contest.   ::)
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Tom Foolery

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom Foolery on June 10, 2017, 10:19:39 PM

Guy's enough with the foul language...  that will get you kick out of this forum ..asap....show respect.  Old Gobbler will not put up with stuff like this..

Tom Foolery

Show respect in a thread where someone has already talked about shooting another hunter?  LOL

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I just learned that, too.  I think I'm putting myself up for adoption.  Dad goes turkey hunting a lot and takes a lot of selfies but we're starving for turkey here on the home front.

Bowguy

I'll just say this regarding public private n such. In some places public has less pressure. In many places public is easier cause you have more room to get away from others.
Killing birds quickly is no measure either. Some day sone birds just wanna die, dif sub species can be easier to kill n no matter how tough a sub species prime land w little interference can be way easier than someone hunting pressured birds. Some guys will argue that but facts are facts, animals that don't know they're being hunted no matter the species are easier.
Don't think animals learn, throw a calf rope on a dog, next time you pick up rope dog is under couch, catch a coon in a cage trap, put a big white paint spot on em to identify him, now try n recatch em.
Chase some unbothered bunnies w beagles n try to see how good your dogs are on club ones w all the evasive maneuvers. Etc etc
Nothing here is apples to apples

Tombo

How did I wind up on archery talk?  :emoticon-cartoon-012: