OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran CM vs TS

Started by bbcoach, May 29, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I've been doing a lot of research since our season is over and I'm thinking of adding one of David's crystal pots to my arsenal.  I've been on you tube, listening to audio, and reading most of the previous posts here on Old Gobbler concerning the Crystal Mistress and the Twisted Sister.  From what I can hear and read, the CM seems to be a fairly clean, raspy call and the TS seems to be a very nasty sounding call.  What I haven't read much on is, which call gets the most reaction from birds and brings them to the gun.  I'm leaning toward the TS because it has a very unique nasty sound not a plain Jane raspy sound.  For those of you that have either of these calls, give us your opinion and birds you have killed using these two calls.  Thanks in advance.

Coop1082

Sister all day for me. I do like the Mistress, but the overall bite and nastiness of the sister wins it. The Mistress does sound great and it's all personal opinion, but I have struck and killed quite a few birds with the Sister in my hand. It might just be bias because the Twisted Sister was my first "Custom call" and it was the first pot I ever fell in love with, but it is hands down the best meat call I own.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

troutfisher13111

Same here. Mistress is a good sounding call, but the sister really gets them going. Hens like it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Footballer

Ford vs. Chevy. Both will kill birds all day long. If you like a raspier call, go with the TS. If you like a cleaner yelp with medium rasp, get the CM. You honestly can't go wrong with either.

The CM is top 3 all time calls for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjnfla

There both great sounding i dont know if i could pick one over the other. You could get both and keep the one you like the best or have 2 calls that are proven killers.

BABS9

Crystal Mistress has been the deadliest pot call I own. Gobblers love it and it really PO's the hens my Twisted Sister is great as well but the Mistress is special.

outdoors

HEY BUY BOTH
U DECIDE AND SELL THE ONE U DONT LIKE ........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Wvgobbler

Like everybody else has said they both are great calls. And you won't go wrong with either one. That said I have both and I like the crystal mistress better I have honestly lost count on the gobblers that call has brought to the gun. I have called in a pile of hens with it too which is good cause when there henned up I can call them hens in which a lot of the times the gobblers will come too. That's happened a lot too. Crystal mistress for me.

Bowguy

To me it's not even close, the mistress is better imo

870BkWht

I vote for the mistress.  I think it has a raspier yelp and in my opinion is one of the most realistic sounding pot calls out on the market. 

That being said, his other calls like the twisted sister and metal mouth are good pot calls also but there is no doubt something special about the crystal mistress.

Jroddc

Another vote for the Mistress

yelpaholic

everybody is different in what sound they like.. i have both, killed several birds with the mistress a couple with the sister.. now, i dont carry either one in favor of my green glass sneed  and jimmy schaffer aluminum .. can you ever really have to many calls???? :OGturkeyhead:

Rio Fan

I have both and they are both really nice calls. But for me, my Crystal Mistress is by far my favorite pot call that I own. A lot of longbeards have gobbled their last gobble to that call.

By the way, David's two piece Macassar ebony striker is my favorite to use on the Mistress and his two piece dymondwood is also very good.

larry9988

I have them both and I like them both. A different sound, but both good.

Spitten and drummen

A dozen one way and half dozen another. Both of these are true turkey killers. My personal preference is the sister. Own both , hunt both and killed birds with both.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE