turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Call me picky

Started by Muskie03, April 13, 2011, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

10yds today and I let him walk(Kind of). I was on the edge of a ridge, facing slightly left. three jakes had me pinned 10yds in front of me when a gobbler came in from the right. could only see his head and fan as he was strutting behind a log and down hill a bit. could of turned and shot but I didn't know which bird it was and I didn't want to risk not shooting the biggest tom there(for contest purposes only I want him now rather than in 2 more weeks when he weighs less). I was "in" them this am. Birds were roosted in the tree above me and all around for about 60 yds. It's a tight situation as their on the property line, fly down and then off the property within 30-40 yds. But I have a BIG one picked out, he's got a paintbrush and probably 1 1/4" spurs. I'm just hoping he weighs heavy too.

Nik
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

doublegobble

Good Luck, Lay the smack down on him!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

pittboss

Nothing wrong with being picky if you have the time................. Hope you get the big one you are waiting on :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

drenalinld

Any opportunity passed makes the ones taken better. Good luck getting your bird.