OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PLATZ GLASS OR ALUMINUM

Started by Codeman, May 24, 2017, 07:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idratherb

only calls Id pay that money for would have the name Hornstra, Hegler or Williams on them.

hunter22

How many of you guys have killed gobblers with a Lonnie Sneed $30 or $40 Hot Hen. When I started buying from Lonnie he was charging $20 and apologizing for having to charge so much. I hate to say how many gobblers was killed because of that $20 call. I think the Platz calls are in demand so much because they are so hard to get. When and if Paul starts taking orders again and turns out several calls what happens to the prices then?

BABS9

After seeing what his pots are going for now I'm sure if he ever starts taking orders again his price will go way up. I would think as a call maker it's gotta be frustrating to be selling your calls at a reasonable price point for people only to see them go up on the market for rediculous prices.

Bowguy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 25, 2017, 09:09:02 AM
Quote from: idratherb on May 25, 2017, 05:33:49 AM
more then their worth

This is very true
Most common sense statements on here. I guess it's all about what someone will pay. I have em both n couldn't see myself screwing someone here if I ever sold/traded them.
They're calls, yes decent ones but no call imo is worth these crazy prices. 
Only ones to blame is those paying it

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 25, 2017, 10:34:06 AM
You guys can say or think what you want but I'm on Paul's list and on one of the pots I'm getting Paul is going to wood burn something really nice on the back of the pot. If I have to spend $200 on something "one of a kind" then I will. The way I feel about the prices being so high is if you don't want to spend that much then don't, it's that person's money let Them do what they want with it.
x2 Exactly...We're not the ones belly aching...Just like I told my wife years ago. The payments are all made on time,food on the table,everyone's got good clothing, vacation or two each year,I work on average 70 hours a week I'll spend money however I want as long as i can pay cash for everything.

Codeman

Wow I have 2 one is aluminum in walnut and the other is crystal in cherry maybe I would have to look to be sure I almost think I would sell them for that price tag one is 2014 the other is 2015  or maybe a high end paddle call I don't no I have to think

Wvgobbler

I'm not trying to get into anybody's business on what they buy or how much they spend on it that's there business. The way I see it is if you work hard for your money then you should be able to treat yourself from time to time. Before I started having kids I used to bear hunt with hounds I had 14 head of dogs between gas, dog food, tracking equipment, and vet bills I'd spend 10,000 a year maybe more I once spent 5,500 on one vet bill for 3 dogs that got eat up bad by a bear. People would tell me Bryan your crazy for spending all that money on them dogs. I would tell them I work for my money I'll do what I want with it. I once sold a dog for 3500 dollors would I pay that for a dog no I wouldn't. But a lot of people do. So it's just like these turkey calls if you want it and you got the money then buy it.

Andy S.

Quote from: hunter22 on May 25, 2017, 09:34:34 AM
I think the Platz calls are in demand so much because they are so hard to get.
Exactly, supply and demand at it's finest.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.