News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weather and Turkeys

Started by GOOSESLAYER, May 19, 2017, 08:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 19, 2017, 09:36:00 AM
Crisp cool 45 degree still clear morning with a calm clear high of 70 degrees. Text book morning for really good gobbling down here in the south.

X2 

But then again any day off from work as long as it's not raining.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 19, 2017, 09:36:00 AM
Crisp cool 45 degree still clear morning with a calm clear high of 70 degrees. Text book morning for really good gobbling down here in the south.
Yep.  We don't get many of them quite that cool during season here, but that's a good morning in the turkey woods.  I enjoyed a few 50 degree mornings and the gobbling was quite good.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dublelung

I like it cool enough to keep the skeeters at bay and the skies clear. However, I'll shoot em in any weather we get.

1iagobblergetter

I've had some of my best turkey hunting in 60 or so degrees and light rain...

Ozarks Hillbilly

Personally I prefer cool crisp mornings 35-40 deg. Warming to 60-65. As far as what the turkey's prefer I don't have a clue. I have seen them gobble their heads off in the worst conditions and never say a peep on the best morning.

yelpy

Quote from: Blong on May 19, 2017, 09:00:12 AM
My preferred is mid 50's, calm, high pressure bluebird days. I know they might gobble in any conditions but thirst have been most productive for me. I care nothing about shooting a no gobbling turkey in the rain. I'm sure some are gonna bring up the thunderstorm gobbling but I have found it to be shock gobbling mostly and they won't work a call.

I have worked plenty of gobbling birds in the rain. You don't need the thunder to get them to gobble. The rain is great to hunt because everyone else stays home around here. That leaves me with the birds to myself.