News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snow in the black hills wth

Started by wdog, May 14, 2017, 11:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Quote from: wdog on May 16, 2017, 09:50:30 AM
Thanks guys were headed out in a few hours. I will keep y'all updated hopefully we can get a break in the weather and scratch a bird or two.
update?

wdog

Enroute should be there around 4 am mountain time!

HookedonHooks

Headed out here at 6am in the morning getting where we're going in northern Nebraska around noon.

JMalin

Hope y'all have a good report.  I'm heading to NW Nebraska myself May 21st.

Tomfoolery

When we were there earlier last month it snowed on is pretty heavy. There were tracks and strut marks all in the snow. Definitely a cool place to hunt. Would like to do it again one day.

wdog

Just got a nap in... rain seems pretty light headed out shortly, very cool looking place so far.

hobbes

Good luck.  Looks like weather should be ok tomorrow, but better on Saturday. 

My parents drove 90 East through South Dakota today on their way back home.  The drive through the same heavy rain that passed through the Black Hills last night.

wdog

No dice, not even a gobble. first morning tomorrow see how it goes... on the bright side saw a herd of elk and a ton of whitetail and some mule deer

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: wdog on May 17, 2017, 11:29:53 PM
No dice, not even a gobble. first morning tomorrow see how it goes... on the bright side saw a herd of elk and a ton of whitetail and some mule deer

You will see an ungodly amount of deer.  Bet we saw a couple thousand in 6 days.

wdog

Pretty slow heard 2 gobbles this morning putting miles on the truck and the boots  just can't seem to find em yet

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: wdog on May 18, 2017, 02:43:24 PM
Pretty slow heard 2 gobbles this morning putting miles on the truck and the boots  just can't seem to find em yet

I can put you on some birds if you want.  They weren't acting right a few weeks ago, but they might come to calls now.  Text me if you want.  3144354777

spaightlabs

That is a very kind and sportsmanlike offer Boland!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: spaightlabs on May 18, 2017, 05:39:22 PM
That is a very kind and sportsmanlike offer Boland!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

There are 5 gobblers and I guarantee no one else has hunted them since.  And I'm 1300 miles away so someone may as well try to kill them.  They deserve to die after what they put me through!!!

SteelerFan

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on May 18, 2017, 06:20:37 PM
There are 5 gobblers and I guarantee no one else has hunted them since.  And I'm 1300 miles away so someone may as well try to kill them.  They deserve to die after what they put me through!!!
:TooFunny:

hobbes

I'd definitely check out the birds mentioned if you can get that info.  I wouldnt exactly count on the assumption that theyve not been hunted, but that doesn't mean they aren't still there.  Keep putting the miles on, and don't hesitate to do plenty of yelping and cutting to locate Merriam's.   Just make sure that you are ready to set up quickly if needed.