turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New CaneBrake & EDB

Started by Steve, May 13, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Just wanted to show these two off. The CaneBrake is just that...Canebrake snake skin (Timber Rattler) mounted on glass soundboard under 3.25" crystal surface set in a piece of cocobolo...

The next one is Eastern Diamondback snake skin mounted on glass under a 3" glass surface...

This concludes this teasing session...Thanks for looking

Bowhuntr73

outdoors

:icon_thumright:  AWESOME LOOKING   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

yelpy

I like the size of the pots and the snake skins. Really neat calls.

Gobbleandgrunt

they look really familiar. lol I have two from another guy on here a few years ago. Lol.

Steve

Thanks everybody...

G&G, I'm not sure who's calls you have. I had not seen these before. I'm certainly not trying to take somebodies idea and make it my own. I actually make a call called the SwampThing that has beaver tail on the sound board as well as wrapped around the call. I simply figured I wanted to try snakeskin after I made the SwampThing. I didn't scour the internet to see if anybody else had done so yet. Didn't really think I had to.

Gobbleandgrunt

I'd like to see a pic of the swamp thing. Sounds interesting.

eorlando

Quote from: Gobbleandgrunt on May 13, 2017, 10:56:38 PM
they look really familiar. lol I have two from another guy on here a few years ago. Lol.
Haha. I though the same thing. jjnfla on here makes the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steve

Wow, really? I'm pretty certain jjnfla never laid claim to being the first to do this with a call. Neither did I. I'm not sure what point it is that you two are trying to make exactly? Showing off this call is no different than me showing off a glass over acrylic, or glass over glass. I wasn't the first to do those combinations either and I'm pretty sure I won't be the last. I was merely showing the calls off, not saying I invented it or anything of that nature.

But anyway, I'm going to leave that alone from here. Here's a few pictures of the SwampThing as per your requests. I'm not claiming to be the originator of this call either, just the maker. But again I haven't seen anybody else do this and I also did not search the internet to find out if anybody has done it.

These two calls were sold long ago. I do have have two that I just finished, one in Bocote, the other in Argentine Osage. These are the last two I'll be able to do until I get resupplied on beaver tails. The two I just finished already have a buyer, so I'll likely be starting a waiting list soon.

Bocote...

Birdseye Maple...

Steve

And here are the two I just finished...

Bocote...

Argentine Osage...

sbbow

Nice looking calls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Awesome idea!  Look fantastic!  About to send you a PM

tha bugman

Quote from: Steve on May 13, 2017, 04:20:32 PM
Just wanted to show these two off. The CaneBrake is just that...Canebrake snake skin (Timber Rattler) mounted on glass soundboard under 3.25" crystal surface set in a piece of cocobolo...

The next one is Eastern Diamondback snake skin mounted on glass under a 3" glass surface...

This concludes this teasing session...Thanks for looking
How much for the Canebrake?

Steve

Thanks Bow and Bug...
I'll shoot you over a message Bugman...

Triple B

Very nice work Steve. A group of sweet looking pots. I don't know who made the first, second or whatever of that style. That still is some excellent work by you. I know we had a conversation some time ago, and you had mentioned building a call of that style...Mark