turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First bird with my Bow

Started by husker, May 13, 2017, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husker

Well, today is bittersweet for me.  I finally managed to take a nice bird with my bow after 3 other previous opportunities (and misses).  Poor fellow came in on a string to the DSDs at 7:30am. I have been blessed to have had a fantastic season here in my home state of Nebraska.   I'm sad that today also marks the end of the hunting season for me.  Good luck to all those still going at it!  Now what did I do with that fishing pole?   

Greg Massey

fallhnt

Congrats...I also feel a since of disappointment after a bow kill knowing that I'm  done. All the effort you spend to bow hunt vs gun adds to the anticipation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

High plains drifter

Were you in a blind? Will they see you draw, if you are hiding in the brush?

husker

Quote from: High plains drifter on May 13, 2017, 08:53:37 PM

Yes, was in a blind. Shot was right at 20 yards.  Hats off to anyone that can draw in the open.   Darn boogers can pick you out like no ones business. 

tha bugman

hobbes

Bowhuntr73

kyturkeyhunter4

beakbuster10

Quote from: husker on May 13, 2017, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: High plains drifter on May 13, 2017, 08:53:37 PM

Yes, was in a blind. Shot was right at 20 yards.  Hats off to anyone that can draw in the open.   Darn boogers can pick you out like no ones business.
Outside of a blind is an even more satisfying feeling than killing one with a bow in a blind (which is pretty awesome too) but you bust so many birds for the one you finally kill. I've almost all but given up on bowhunting outside of the blind. I hate busting birds. Congrats on a fine bird by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

beagler

Never Misses

birddogdoc

Gooserbat

Congratulations on a milestone
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.