OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska?

Started by Neill_Prater, May 12, 2017, 12:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

I'm curious about the turkey population in the SE portion of the state. There seems to be quite a lot of walk-in hunting areas and several WMA's scattered about. I doubt I will be able to make it this year, but am tagged out in Kansas and still have the itch! The SE portion of the state is within reasonable driving distance of my home for making what would be probably a 2 or 3 day hunt at the most. Thanks.

HookedonHooks

I've debated doing the same for the last few years. That northern border a lot of guys are killing some really good looking hybrids on. I've done minimal scouting in the area, but know there is tons of property to hunt on both sides of the border KS and NE. The bird numbers there are heavy as well, find one of the average to smaller sized properties and roost a bird the night before your hunt. Several properties could be roosted in some areas in one night, then you've got options. I've never committed to that border hunt myself, I will some day, but am heading up to the northern border of NE next week.

fallhnt

I hunted the south east part of NE for years and started hunting the east central and north east part and have done MUCH better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy