turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Scope Recomendation

Started by silencer223, May 11, 2017, 11:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silencer223

So I made another post about my gun all of a sudden patterning low. The solution I came up with in my head was use a scope to adjust my point of aim to the center of the pattern.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for an affordable turkey gun red dot? I was looking at the Bushnell trophy trs25 in camo or the truglo gobble stopper. I don't need a magnified optic, I'm still young my eyes are still fairly good..

Also if it allows me to get a good cheek well then that's a big plus!

I have a Truglo reflex sight that came with the gun but I'm not a fan, I want something that is sealed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

turkeymanjim

Burris ff3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

I have the gobble stopper. Killed one bird with it so far. Only had it a year but no complaints yet. I got it cheap is the only reason. I originally wanted the vortex red dot

Happy

I have the truglo. Used it for two years with 3.5" loads and it still works fine.  The circle/dot may look a little crazy when viewed indoors. Check it outside though and it will be pretty clear.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SKFOOTER

Check out the Mueller Quick Shot. :turkey2:

guesswho

Just finished my second year with a Vortex Venom.   No complaints at all.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRG3

I've used the Bushnell TRS 25 for several years without any problems and have taken probably 10-12 gobblers with it on my Remington 12 gauge 870 shooting 3" shells. It has 11 brightness settings and while the lowest may be adequate for the very early morning, it will be necessary to crank it up to 5-6 or more as the sun comes up. I have a low power scope on my 870 20 gauge, but prefer the simplicity of the illuminated dot over the crosshairs.

gobblerhead

I guess I am in the minority. I had a red dot on my SBE once, changed it out for a simmons fixed power crosshair scope. Just never liked the dot. U have to remember to turn it on, turn it off or ur battery is dead. Make sure u turn it up enough if u are out in bright sun or looking into the sun. That was my final straw had a gobbler in crp grass at 20 yds looking into setting sun and couldn't see my dot at all!! To each their own but I wouldn't take anything for an old fashioned crosshair scope.
Gobble Gobble Gobble.........BOOOM.....Gobble Gobble Gobble!!!

stinkpickle

I have a Burris FFIII on one gun and a Vortex Sparc II on another.  Both are great.

Tennessee Lead

I've traded in my Red Dot for a Simmons Prodiamond 4x32 scope
I don't plan on switching anytime soon. I like it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Burris FastFire III or Vortex Venom

Greg Massey

I have these mounted on my turkey guns...Trs 25, nikon turkey pro, simmons pro diamond all are great ....

USMC0331

Weaver Kaspa 1x4x24 (30mm tube) has a ( vertical turkey plex). If you go with a red dot , lots of people like the fast fire 3. Vortex is a good choice.

Bolandstrutters

Vortex Venom.  I've gone through three tru glo red dots that have broke.  Never again.

nitro

Burris FastFire no question. They have proven themselves to be durable, accurate and deadly sights.
Royal Slam 2008