OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What have your turkey calls called in beside turkeys?

Started by HFultzjr, May 11, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

I'll go 1st.
Coyote....came sneeking in behind me. Scared the crap out of both of us.
Fox.....came in from the front....looking at the "big" turkey and how to get it......LOL
Hawks landed in trees near me looking for a meal.
Crows to annoy me.
And of course....OTHER PEOPLE!

Your turn.

tha bugman

dublelung

WV TURKEY THUG

Coyotes a fox and a couple of bobcats. The only one that made my heart jump was a bobcat he was about ready to pounce on me, I saw him just in the nic of time. That was the early part of the season last year and I still get a little uneasy when I hear something behind me. As for hawks, I called a good 15 or so in this year that I know of. About 3 yrs ago on the last day of the season, I had one swoop down pretty close to me, enough I could feel the wind from its wings, It landed up in a tree about 10 yds away and eventually left.

Candyman

stinkpickle

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

chatterbox

fallhnt

^^^^people too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

GOOSESLAYER

coyotes
crows
hunters
turkey vulture
hawks (had one swoop down grab me deek and then release it half way across the field)
deer (had one come lick my deek)

stinkpickle

This was right after he brushed my hip and we startled each other.  He stuck around long enough for just one pic.

appalachianassassin

I once called in a peacock... in east tn. no houses around anywhere. it was use to people and was easy to catch. I brought it home and kept it for several years. it died a few years ago.

Natty

Called in an otter once. Just at first light, I had made some soft tree yelps and 5 minutes later I look over about 30 yards away and an otter is searching around looking for whatever made that sound. I had never even seen one before. I was about 75 yards from a creek.

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"