Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best wet wether pot and striker??? opninons please!

Started by adkmountainken, May 08, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

I am looking for a water proof pot for BAD days that will play well under a steady drizzle or steady rain.  one that will play and sound sharp even if the rain is running of it. also what striker would you par with it. I will buy one of the recommendations  that are posted here so what do you say????

Coop1082

I've heard a lot of good things on the Enticer aluminum. Don't personally own one, but as far as what I have goes I've had good luck with crystal/glass/slick aluminum (hanks to be exact) with rain chalk on the striker tip and a light coat on the call surface. Seems to grip pretty well. Just personal opinion and my only experience with rain chalk was this year and only twice. It did its job very well though. I run it on my slick aluminum surface (striker tip) at all times now.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

wvmntnhick

I've got the enticer glass and an aluminum. Both are great calls. When it rains, that what I take. Mike Yingling made a few pots this year that are water proof as well. I didn't get one because I'd already bought the enticer calls but if not, I'd have gotten one from him for sure. Some are probably getting tired of my relentless plugs for the man but I love the calls. As for the enticer line, do yourself a favor and spring for the Corian pot. You'll thank me later. Being able to play both sides will give you some soft talk that can't be coaxed out of the original playing surface. Also, the back of the pot give more of a "slatey" sound.

outdoors

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/silver-thunder-extreme-aluminum/

MY VOTE ALSO I JUST RECEIVED One AND SOUNDS REALLY GOOD ....
HAVENT TRYED IT IN THE FEILD YET , TO LATE FOR THIS SEASON.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

callmakerman

Enticer wet one glass with the carbon fiber stick or aluminum tip. Either way this call will run great wet. I've had one for at least 10 years and would never leave home with out it. Order it today and you'll be hunting with it this weekend.

Footballer

Dawkins stone aluminum in plastic pot with MAD resinator striker.

Double B

Enticer wet one glass or aluminum and carbon tip.  Knight and Hale Ol Yeller with the gray power tip striker. 
Followed by buzzards

slwayne

I use the Enticer aluminum in a corian pot with the carbon-tipped striker that came with it.  Have to admit that I still haven't figured out using the corian pot as an extra playing surface.

MikeStaten

Quote from: slwayne on May 09, 2017, 03:25:20 PM
I use the Enticer aluminum in a corian pot with the carbon-tipped striker that came with it.  Have to admit that I still haven't figured out using the corian pot as an extra playing surface.

Scuff up a section on the back with scotch brite and you'll be good to go

perrytrails

Enticer Aluminum posted in classified section now with strikers and cover.

As was said scuff up the back, great gobbler clucks and purrs.

adkmountainken

yup saw it and just bought it! love this site!

idratherb

be careful this site will cost you alot of money  ;)

outdoors

Quote from: idratherb on May 10, 2017, 10:31:55 AM
be careful this site will cost you alot of money  ;)

:TooFunny:
YUP . REALLY NICE CALL FOR A REALLY GOOD PRICE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

slwayne

Quote from: MikeStaten on May 09, 2017, 05:25:06 PM
Quote from: slwayne on May 09, 2017, 03:25:20 PM

Scuff up a section on the back with scotch brite and you'll be good to go

Thanks.  I'll give that a shot.

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Double B on May 09, 2017, 10:53:50 AM
Enticer wet one glass or aluminum and carbon tip.  Knight and Hale Ol Yeller with the gray power tip striker.
Have the wet one in glass and love it,it plays great in the rain,also have the aluminum in wood pot,
and Al Hobert is a topnotch guy as well!!