OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New pick up!

Started by Coop1082, May 08, 2017, 02:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Quick run down! Been wanting a Brad Roberts Poplar bronzed glass over aluminum call for a bit now. I asked my wife to get me one for my birthday. Complacency got the best of us and when we finally called Brad to order, we were informed he was out of bronzed glass and couldn't get anymore either so that call was no longer being made. I was upset at myself for waiting so long to contract Brad, but I decided to come here and post in the classifieds. Looking for any wood in his bronzed glass/alum I posted hoping for a hit and within 10 minutes I had an awesome gentleman on here contact me and sell me his like new Roberts Poplar bronzed glass/alum. Thrilled isn't the word! It just got here today and I can honestly say it's my new favorite. Every compliment I've seen on here around this call is dead true. The south Alabama season is over so now I've got the long wait to get it in the woods, but I can honestly say without a doubt this will be the first out of my vest next year and it will be in there to stay for a while! Here it is!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Coop1082

MDTOM I know your a big Poplar fan along with the blue mahoe. The striker the call came with was Katalox and it sounds great, just looking for other options. I think I remember you saying grenadillo, but Brad doesn't have any turned yet. Any others I should look into? First striker I've had from Brad and I really like the feel.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]