turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom call under $50 with a raspy yelp

Started by JMalin, May 04, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMalin

Any suggestions?  I can't seem to get a good yelp from the two cheap mass produced pot calls I have.  Cutting, clucking, and purring is no problem, I just can't get a good yelp.

3bailey3

Watch the classified on here and check for Hanks,Lonzo or Halloran, I think a Halloran just went for 40 bucks on there

letinmfly

Jake Naessen's Walnut glass over glass.  Great call!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

SteelerFan

3bailey3

I was going to mention the Sneed call but I have yet to play one, I need to give him a call!

yelpaholic

mack prairie wing has turkey calls on clearence some hollorans for less than 50 several others

callaway71

I'm a fan of Mark Cornelius. I actually have a glass/glass in maple pot I'd sell you for $40 tyd.

Bowhuntr73

I suggest Mark Mueller. He is on here but haven't seen him on here for a long time. IMO he makes a great slate and aluminum that gets no recognition.

yelpy

If you are looking for a good cheap pot look up Enticer calls. They are a great call for the price under $50.

MikeStaten

Quote from: yelpy on May 04, 2017, 09:30:14 PM
If you are looking for a good cheap pot look up Enticer calls. They are a great call for the price under $50.

Agreed. I was just hunting with a friend this week and he used an enticer call that sounded great and was nice an raspy on back end.  I ordered one that day.  Link below.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/wet-one-double-glass/

I have the Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum and it also sounds really good but if you want raspy, go with the wet one.

The nice think about both of these calls is that they will still run fine when wet.

Bowguy

TauntoHawk

Quote from: yelpaholic on May 04, 2017, 08:29:26 PM
mack prairie wing has turkey calls on clearence some hollorans for less than 50 several others

$48 for a Twisted Sister and you will have an excellent raspy yelper
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wvmntnhick

Quote from: yelpy on May 04, 2017, 09:30:14 PM
I've got 2 and gave a third to my buddy. Great calls for the money and you can run them fairly raspy if you want. For slight more than your $50 limit you could also buy a Yingling pot. It'll give you all the rasp you want. I'd recommend his brass/slate/cherry combo. His crystal and glass also produce more rasp than the typical call maker. I like it, turkeys seem to as well.

tha bugman

Not really a custom call, but I got a glass pot from Dead End at the convention that is pretty raspy.

sbbow

Mike Yingling likes rasp in his calls. I have 4 of his calls and would put them up against the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk