OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Date this decoy

Started by tha bugman, May 03, 2017, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

All decoy haters aside...what year do you date this decoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

SinGin

Happy

You sure it wasn't run over by a compactor? Guess is early to mid 80's

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dublelung

Before Feather Flex for sure. I'd say about 1984.

Greg Massey

MK M GOBL

I know these like to "Date" my decoy :) YES DSD

MK M GOBL

fallhnt

If it ain't 80's it's a new "value" decoy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Double B

I hear ya MK M GOBL, I'd date that hen if I was a gobbler, she's kinda plain but there's just something about her timeless beauty.... :funnyturkey:

That stake says it may be more into the mid 90s on the deke?   Maybe a Flambeau or Delta.
Followed by buzzards

deadbuck

I had one and used to use it. All I know is it never worked. Not trying to hate on it or hijack a post, just stating a fact.

tha bugman

Quote from: deadbuck on May 04, 2017, 08:01:21 AM
I had one and used to use it. All I know is it never worked. Not trying to hate on it or hijack a post, just stating a fact.
I was at a gas station that used to have a small sporting goods section and it was on the wall.  Got it for next to nothing.  My guess would be early 90's model.  We have come along way since then for sure!

richard black

Would have to say mid-80s. Personally, I would not want to date her, but I am sure there are some lonely gobblers out there that would!!!

Blong

Early 80's, I shot a dominant hen strutting beside one when I was 13.

Greg Massey

Regardless , it's a good collectors item...old turkey stuff is getting hard to find..   I still have one of the first turkey decoys Primos came out with and after a while the paint would peal off...  It has a few shot holes and tears but it's a keeper for sure...

tha bugman

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 04, 2017, 01:29:05 PM
Regardless , it's a good collectors item...old turkey stuff is getting hard to find..   I still have one of the first turkey decoys Primos came out with and after a while the paint would peal off...  It has a few shot holes and tears but it's a keeper for sure...
I would love to see that one.  I am assuming it is prior to the She-Mobile?