turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box Call Recommendation

Started by Swab21, May 03, 2017, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swab21

I am looking to purchase two custom box calls. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or recommendations, Brands, wood combinations, etc...
I am hunting the southern part of North Carolina, Pine forests - agriculture fields and game lands. Also I hunt the northern part of NC on the Virginia border in the mountains.  I am looking for something to set me apart from the rest.  Thanks in advance.   

outdoors

WOW THERES ALOT , IVE Had REALLY GOOD LUCK WITH AND SOUNDS REALLY GOOD IS SS CALLS
AL and JOSH ......... DO A SEARCH And SEE WHAT COMES UP ... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CHOICE.....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

SS calls are all seemingly awesome. Hallorans Purple Heart cedar is pretty awesome too

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Jody Harrison snakewood over mulberry is a great sounding box. He has many videos on his facebook page Preacherman turkey calls. I love mine,

perrytrails

Nice Albert Paul box listed in the classifieds now.

longbow59

SS kwila over butternut field grade, all you will need.

TauntoHawk

I'd give a good look at a short box/long box set from SS

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

Spitten and drummen

my vote is marlin watkins fiddle box. I have over 100 custom box calls from everyone you can think of almost and I have to say that I have 6 of marlins boxes and they are all 100 percent turkey. just my opinion. that being said there are so many great ones out there that you wont go wrong with. paul , lapp ,dawkins , williams and ss. many many more.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tha bugman

Echol Smith....Best dang box I have every owned and it only cost $30.  PM your cell and I will record a sound file of it. 

Chris O

I've got a mill creek I love the sound of

Greg Massey

Mike, with Spring Creek make a good long box and short box for the money...he will work with you on a call you like with sound bit...before you buy the call....

grayfox

SteelerFan

Check out Frozen Crow...

all turkey.