OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pa. Bird

Started by M,Yingling, April 30, 2017, 10:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Was good morning in the pa woods birds did their thing first thing in morning heard good 8 different birds from all directions lite misty rain on and off thunder lightning ( I think its great when birds gobble to thunder lol ) luckly heavy rain stayed south was  hot also  called up 2 jakes at 7 then called up full fan round hour later came in hard on my right and went to move a bit to right and he caught movement toke off  (  I Pull up a tree and sit always see these videos guys moving pretty good or pointing to their buddys wheir bird is and don't get caught don't know how they do it LOL ) 

but after that went for walk to kick my self in azz ended back up in my spot figured sit down just sat no calling and birds fired back up up over hill figured I would sneak back up over and sit got bout fifty yrd bumped a hen ( I think that was good thing ) birds still gobbling went few more yrds and set up gave them some soft stuff birds worked my way after the shoot walked up to this one and the other 2 came right up me gobbling lol ,,,,,, but for game lands was a good day dint hear no other hunters or see any no shooting ,,,, between the rain worked the birds with fiber rod striker copper and crystal did the trick  ,,as I headed to the truck the birds was still gobbling at 1100 am

little over 20lb 81/2 beard  7/8 spurs
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hobbes

Congrats!  Glad you were able to avoid the rain and get it done.

renegade19

kyturkeyhunter4

SteelerFan

Gold Spur

Congrats, nice bird.  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

wcerin

Nice job Mike! Congrats!!
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

idratherb

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

HFultzjr

Congrats Mike.
Sounds like a good time.
Being south of you, we got the rain. Lots of it.
Thunder, lightning, down pours, etc.
But I was nice and dry in my blind.
Fiber rod striker worked well.
Had several birds going off and on until I had to leave at 11:00.
Saw a brief glimpse of 2 sneaking by me in some thicker stuff, but couldn't get a good look.
Might have been hens, as I heard some of them earlier.
All the other birds, I believe were with hens and only gobbled back. Didn't want to play.
Heard birds off and on all morning. Strange thing was I didn't hear a gobble until 6:15.
Way later than I had thought they would start.
Seemed to stay in the trees a lot longer also.
I hope to be back out Monday morning.
:OGturkeyhead:

pabossie255

Great bird congrats. I did not make it out on Sat had to watch the kids while the wife worked but tomorrow my buddy has a set of two long beards together scouted out and if that dose not work out we have a few other Toms scouted out.

mgm1955

Fine bird. Congrats Mike!!

Cutt

Hey, a PA bird, Congrats

tha bugman

Love that Keystone Killing!  Congrats!!