OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heart break....

Started by AC HAMMER, April 29, 2017, 06:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC HAMMER

Had a hunt this morning that you see on tv..... at least until the end. Started off this morning in a blind due to the rain. Once the rain cleared I started hearing birds in a field about 300 yards away. I decided to make my move and got setup exactly where I wanted. The tom came in on a string. He did everything I wish he would have. Let him get to about 30 yards and let a shot ring. WHIFF. I've never missed a turkey that came in and was perfectly still. I've missed a few that have picked me off and started their escape, but never when a tom is standing still neck stretched just asking for it. I get it, missing happens. Trust me I've missed enough deer/turkey to know that. It just aggravates me because I couldn't have asked for a better hunt this morning, until I messed up! Well that was my story of heart break. I need an adult soda if you catch my drift.... or if you catch my draft!  :drool: Back at it in the morning!         :TrainWreck1:

doublespurs21

I had to work this morning, I quess , you still had a better day than me,,,,,,,,,,,,

renegade19

I thought I'd never miss a stationary bird.  I was wrong.  Happens to all of us.  Get back after them tomorrow!!!!!

Ihuntoldschool

Thats right. When someone tells you they have never missed a turkey you can be certain of one of two things. Either they have not killed many turkeys or they are a liar.

HookedonHooks

Shooting high on a bird happens to everyone.... I know I've done more times than I'd like to admit. Get back after him, fool him in another way.

mgm1955

tha bugman

Hunts like these haunt a fella. Only remedy is get out there and kill the next one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Jinxed myself last night... I shot high on a bird today. It was a long shot but I should've killed him.

fallhnt

Your probably never kill another bird again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

1iagobblergetter

It happens...all you can do is figure out what went wrong and get back after them.

Improvinghunter101

Happened to me twice this year.  Last time I missed one was when I was 12.  My brother looked at me on the first one this year and when I told him I missed, his reaction was, "What?!  You don't miss."  Then when it happened the second time, I was pretty embarrassed.  Only thing I could figure was I just shut the wrong eye on both birds.  Went and shot some targets and now seem to be back on track.

surehuntsalot

it happens, I couldn't believe my first miss
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kyturkeyhunter4

Blong

It will help you in the long run. You will get your head down and aim hard for the next ten years I bet . I know i did it 15 years ago and believe that I'm gonna miss every time now and concentrate hard.

Strick9

Missed my first this year and have been at it for many moons. I blame it on the LC Smith stock as it wasn't even close to fitting me lol.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2