OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Price Gouging

Started by Bowguy, April 28, 2017, 06:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Ok guys I respect whatever you all do long as it's legal. Recently though I've seen some hard to get makers items sold at ridiculous prices.
God bless you for being able to afford it n God bless the fellow for getting his price but I'd think the classifieds on here were about selling a call we don't need not turning insane profits like a store or exchange would.
Idk bout you all but it seems very "gougy" to me. Sorry to rant n no disrespect to anyone it just sits funny in my guts

nsselle

No respect for the call maker, just like the sport of turkey hunting anymore. Buying calls for profit and walking around with turkey umbrellas.

Fieldturkey

I agree. I hate what it's turned into

Tail Feathers

I guess I don't spend much time on the call classifieds.
Prices are what the market will bear I guess.
I always figured folks don't sell the best calls much.  Why get rid of one that sounds good?  That's why I don't buy second hand calls.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

It's called capitalism, free market, and capitalizing on an investment.  I buy calls every year that I intend to sell some day.  Why? Because it's called profit.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mikejd

Good answer. Price to high dont buy it.

nsselle

The market is one thing, I agree with you tail feathers, but to buy a call from a call maker and turn around shortly and sell it for profit is pitiful. These callmakers bust their  to keep up with their lists and most have normal jobs as well and they still sell it to us consumers at a fair price because the assume we are all good people and fellow hunters that love the passion of turkey hunting.

Tail Feathers

I could see where that would make a call maker kind of mad, but once a person owns the call, not much can be done about it.
I guess this happens with the high demand/long waiting list call makers mostly?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hunter22

I don't think this call was bought directly from the callmaker. It was purchased for a benefit and the call had been donated. To me it is a supply and demand thing. These hard to get calls are going to bring more money. Whatever a person is willing to pay is the ceiling. I now some callmakers that will not sell you another call or put you on their waiting list if they know you sold one of their calls for a profit.

idratherb

Know the market and don't be foolish enough to over pay unless your that bent on getting the call. I paid $13 for a knight and hall pot that sounds as good as calls I've paid $100 for, go figure.

nsselle

Yelper

Most of us on here are turkey hunters and we like to share our experience or to get some from members. We all have our fair share of turkey calls that we don't like when we get them and we decide to sell them to other members who really want the call at a price as close to what we paid for it as possible without taking advantage of anyone.

If someone really wants to sell a call at a crazy high price, I think that sites like EBay are better suited for that rather than to bring it here. We all look to the classifieds as a place to get a nice call from a member at a good price.

fallhnt

I have some used mouth calls I'll sell cheep if that pasifies you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 28, 2017, 08:10:29 PM
It's called capitalism, free market, and capitalizing on an investment.  I buy calls every year that I intend to sell some day.  Why? Because it's called profit.
Unfortunately, that's the name of the game. It does suck that some of the calls are sold at a premium over what the call maker is selling them for but in some cases, it can almost be justified. Supreme calls get a premium because some would rather buy it now instead of wait for years to get a call they've paid for. If someone doesnt like it and can find another that's willing to pay for it, so be it. I'm seeing the other side of it more each day after expanding my business in a huge way this year. In the past it was all about making a few dollars for supplemental income. Having watched it grow and now having much more overhead, its more about getting out of the "red" at the moment. High end calls are kind of the same thing. I'm not siding one way or the other. Just saying I can see both sides.