OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 1/2" spurs!!!!

Started by dublelung, April 26, 2017, 05:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Blong on April 30, 2017, 08:10:43 PM
Man you have killed s bunch of ivory spurs! They are pretty rare here.

Genetics, they have all came off the same farm. When I killed the first one I called him the "Ghost Gobbler" killed him on the 3rd day of hunting him. He is the 3rd set back from center. The other 3 sets on top of chain (Set 8, 9 &10) all came from that same farm. There are also 3 others on that chain that came from another farm (Set 4, 6 & 7) and the last 3 (Set 1, 2 & 5) are from all different farms.

MK M GOBL

Hooksfan

I will see if this pic works out. If so, a few of these are 1.5 and above. It is next to one of my other strings for comparison. The one string is all 1.25 or better.

Hooksfan

And here's a monster I called in with my brother.

HookedonHooks

Dude, you got a few crazy good looking ivory spurs in there that I'm incredibly jealous of.

Bill Cooksey

Quote from: Hooksfan on May 01, 2017, 10:29:06 AM

I will see if this pic works out. If so, a few of these are 1.5 and above. It is next to one of my other strings for comparison. The one string is all 1.25 or better.

Nice collection. It certainly points to the problem with spur photos and especially so when there's really nothing of known size provided for comparison. Now, I'm not at all saying the bottom string is anything other than what you say, but had you just popped up a photo I would guess most in the 1-1.125 range.

Hooksfan

Quote from: Bill Cooksey on May 01, 2017, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: Hooksfan on May 01, 2017, 10:29:06 AM

Nice collection. It certainly points to the problem with spur photos and especially so when there's really nothing of known size provided for comparison. Now, I'm not at all saying the bottom string is anything other than what you say, but had you just popped up a photo I would guess most in the 1-1.125 range.

It is hard to tell from a photo. The one on the very bottom with the scales still attached is actually abiut 1/32nd longer than the one my brother shot in thst second pic. I believe it is possible to tell in that second pic that the spurs are well beyind 1.5. My best bird to date.
I would say how many birds it takes to produce that string, bit nothing turns me off more than folks posting how many they killed.