OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ontario Openers Double Down!!

Started by CDNduckslayer, April 25, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNduckslayer

Well it was a wet, windy,chilly openers up here in Ontario. Luckily the birds played well and the old man and myself put two nice 3 year old's down at 7:30am. Worked them off the roost but they started to go other way, then they turned and did a big circle behind us. They went quiet for a while as did I, half hour later I called again and it fired them up, they sprinted to 30yds behind us in the brush then seemed like they didn't like something and they retreated. They continued their circle around us and made it to the field on the opposite side of us that they had roosted, I called again they gobbled twice and sprinted to the DSD's. Dad fired first, then I and we had them down!! Both had matching 1" spurs, haven't measure beards yet, mine was longer but dad's was much bushier. Mine weighed just under 19#'s and dad's pig was just under 23#'s. Got out before the rain really started to come down. Great way to kick off the season!!

Couple of soggy gobblers!

Thanks and good luck out there!!!!

nsselle

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

eorlando

Heck ya!!! Way to get it done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

slwayne

thunderbirder

Very nice! I got caught in the storm just north-East of lake Ontario myself. It was my very first attempt at turkey hunting. Will be coming back tomorrow bright and early (or should I say dark and early).

kyturkeyhunter4

SteelerFan

SS Calls

beagler

Never Misses

Cut N Run

Nice going!  Congratulations on the double.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

CDNduckslayer

Thanks for the well wishes guys, good way to kick off the season!!