OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple calls for a worthy lady....

Started by pappy, April 11, 2011, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

There is a young lady at the Cancer Center in Cape Girardeau Missouri, that has been instrumental in caring for my mother inlaw during her radiation treatments. This morning she noticed my NWTF cap signed by the Committee Members from one of NC Chapters and asked why I had it. I explained to her about my callmaking, and she flipped out, as she was wanting a call to hunt with, said she had a piece of junk from Walmart, and she couldn't play it, she was wanting a call like her father's "jet-slate" but couldn't find one, she kept talking about her hands being way small to hold a regular slate call. I told her I would help her out....so I made this jet slate look alike, from mahogany with a piece of 100 year old slate from the roof of an old schoolhouse in Cape County. And this pot call that only measures 3" across slate over glass in a cocobolo pot. I am going to surprise her in the morning when we go...both calls free...as friendship is worth more than any thing else.....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowrebel

You are the man Pappy!! They look great and I know she will love them.

James

savduck

thats awesome pappy. I used to have friends that live in Cape. Bob Dodson, he is deceased now. He  had birds on his place, one was a white hen.

She will love those calls.
Georgia Boy

kenturkey89

Brian

Snoody Bastid

Thats a real nice gesture. Your a stand-up guy.

Cut*N*Run

PANYHunter

Calls look really great.  That is a very nice gesture.  You never know when you will run into a fellow turkey hunter.

WillowRidgeCalls

Great gesture Jack, she'll be very pleased I'm sure.  :icon_thumright:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

cannonball

TnTurk

Nice Pappy, very nice.  Good to know people still reward the kindness of others with the sweat of their own brow.  :bible:

barry

West Augusta

Good job Pappy.  You'll get paid back ten fold someday.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Jbird22