OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Surprise surprise

Started by TRKYHTR, April 11, 2011, 07:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Yesterday I went out and plowed my field because the weeds were getting to high. Today I went out there to spray roundup on everything I wasn't able to knock down with the plow. To my surprise I jumped a hen turkey right next to my fence. As she walked away slowly making the slightest putting you ever heard I looked back where she came from and you guessed it a nest full of eggs. I counted 10. So I kept spraying and went out front where I met her trying to go around and slip in from behind. She finally walked off and I came in the house and got my camera. I'm thinking of mounting one of my trail cameras up to see what kind of pictures I can get. It's good to see turkeys nesting near my house.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Struttin Spurs

Nice! Hopefully nothing happens to those eggs and you have ten more turkeys on your land come next spring.

Jay

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Snoody Bastid

I'll take two over-easy w/ split sausage, hash browns and rye toast. Oh yeah- black coffee, no sugar..

RutnNStrutn

That's very cool!! Can't wait to see the pics you get!! :icon_thumright:

perrysbirds

That would be cool to see what pictures you would get of the hen!
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

TRKYHTR

I just went out there and checked to see if she returned and she was on the nest. She must have nerves of steele because I pulled a disc behind my quad within 18" of her yesterday and she didn't move.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

That's cool. Keep us posted on the progress of the nest

lmbhngr

PANYHunter

That's pretty cool.  Those pictures should be pretty neat.

BOFF

You are going to hook up a live feed for us aren't you?   ;D

God Bless,
David B.

harvester

Sounds like a good idea, keep us posted as to what you do or find out.  :icon_thumright: :happy0064: