OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Video of hunter being shot by another hunter

Started by spaightlabs, April 22, 2017, 04:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

It looks like the wad hit the guys leg. I've not watched any other video of it. The guy who got shot with the bow has one hell of a story. This has been my point the whole time....you don't have to use a fan and even sounding like a hen in the Spring gets you shot. Isn't Spring "gobbler" season?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

MDSTRUTNRUT

A jake decoy out front makes some sense as to what the shooter saw but seems that in the 2 news articles g8rvet posted 2 diffferent accidents were combined into 1 story.  One was the Kansas brothers reaping each other story and the other this youtube video?

g8rvet

I agree, there was definitely no face shot in that video.   

I tried google search and did not come up with much else.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

appalachianassassin

the most unbelieveable thing to me is that you guys believe this garbage. looks 100% staged to me.

Greg Massey

Quote from: appalachianassassin on April 23, 2017, 06:59:02 PM
the most unbelieveable thing to me is that you guys believe this garbage. looks 100% staged to me.
I'm glad some one agree's with me...

troutfisher13111

One things for sure, the guys calling is horrible

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Neill_Prater

I suspect this was staged, but as some replies have stated, it happens all too often in real life. I believe the psychological term is "premature closure". Your brain takes an incomplete set of facts and fills in the blanks. I have, more than once, "seen" game that turns out to be nothing more than a piece of the landscape. The point is to exercise discipline and hold your fire until there is no doubt as to your target.

Strutr

Whether staged or not, the take-away for all turkey hunters is to be extra careful out there.  Remember, we're all wearing highly effective camo which makes it extremely difficult for turkeys and other hunters to see us and vice versa.  On top of that, some of us are employing life-like decoys and/or tail fans.  Never assume that you are the only hunter working that gobbler (even when hunting private land) and try to think defensively when setting up.  Always go through your safety checklist before pulling that trigger.  Never forget that shooting any weapon is serious business with potentially lethal consequences to your fellow hunters. 

I hope everyone has a safe and successful season.

akp

Latest Spring Thunder video on YouTube discusses this video and interviews the hunters.  It's the May 1st video.

taylorjones20

Quote from: akp on May 01, 2017, 11:07:15 AM
Latest Spring Thunder video on YouTube discusses this video and interviews the hunters.  It's the May 1st video.

Yep. Crazy that it was a .243 not a shotgun...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

TauntoHawk

It just blows me away that states allow rifles but maybe their data is different than my perception  :z-guntootsmiley: :newmascot:

Good reminder to be extra careful this season
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

supremepredator

What a moron!! Who the heck takes a shot like that? YOU ALWAYS POSITIVELY ID YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEHIND IT BEFORE YOU SHOOT!!! Idiots like this give us responsible hunters a bad name!!!
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

WNCTracker

Quote from: akp on May 01, 2017, 11:07:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-465w_gc1_Y 

tha bugman

Crazy and this was in what appears to be a wide open field!

akp

I didn't catch it the first time but apparently it ricocheted off a fence post as they were shooting at the jake decoy....  if I understood correctly.  Things can go bad in a hurry.