OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Video of hunter being shot by another hunter

Started by spaightlabs, April 22, 2017, 04:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Crazy

I'd be beating someone to death I think.

WNCTracker

I can't image shooting at just a fan and hoping it kills a gobbler...was he pretending to be a gobbler with a turkey fan on his butt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beagler

Never Misses

eorlando

WTF is wrong with people. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thunderbirder

Ouch. Total retardation.
Or how about this incident that took place in Kansas a week and a half ago, titled:
"Turns out, the turkey hunters were stalking each other. Then one of them fired"

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article145929249.html#storylink=cpy

SteelerFan

I've watched this 20+ times on the laptop - with the video on full screen...

Obviously we don't see or hear what transpired before the video as far as sounds or movement - but what is shown prior to & during the shot is disturbing to say the least!

The fan on the ground was already on the ground out of sight - no movement. In fact, no movement at ALL from the hunters in the blind. The shooter was obviously taking a "sound shot" at what he must have heard (them calling?).

The shooter fired into a log jam hoping to kill the turkey he heard and / or "thought" he saw in there. Again - ZERO movement that would have triggered the shot.

ZERO target identification. None.

It appears as if the projectile(s) went between the the two seated hunters - striking the hunter to the left in or around his left buttocks area. Hard to tell distance, but it does not appear to be the pattern of a shot shell? Could be, I guess - if the distance is 20 yds or less??

You would think pellets would have struck both hunter? Caused bark and dirt to fly?

The other VERY disturbing issue - the shooter does not appear to acknowledge what just happened, stand up to acknowledge the other hunters, or rush to render aid?? Thank goodness the wound was not worse.

Having investigated numerous hunting related shooting incidents... this one leaves me scratching my head! (and angry).

Greg Massey

He should loose his hunting licence and privileges ....glad the guy wasn't hurt worst...stupid

MDSTRUTNRUT

I think in the earlier "REAPING" thread someone mentioned that your mind will tell you that you are seeing what ever you want to see, let alone  someone calling like a turkey and hiding behind a real fan.   Not sure what the shooters could see but it wasn't  a turkey for sure when they pulled the trigger and could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE!   Wish we could see what was gong on a little more prior to the shot.   I had actually thought about getting a replacement artificial fan and painting outside rim orange to keep folded up in my turkey vest to fan a stubborn gobbler at last resort     BUT      FORGET   THAT    IDEA !!!   

Marc

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 22, 2017, 04:51:41 PM
I'd be beating someone to death I think.
I'd have been tempted to shoot back...

And what the heck was the shooter shooting at?  The fan was folded up on the ground face down in the grass before the shot was fired.  For someone having good enough eyesight to spot that and not realize "somethin' ain't right," seems more than odd.

The same guys posted a better quality video on Youtube; also shows a bit more prior to and after the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A8aWRvece8

As I have said  too many times before, "the human capacity for stupidity never ceases to amaze, surprise, and disappoint me."

Taking into consideration the shot placement as compared to the fan (lying in the dirt), I have to wonder what it was the shooter saw that looked "turkey" to him?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Greg Massey

Could this be a made up video...it almost looks like a girl under the mask that's acting like she was shot...

Marc

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 23, 2017, 12:51:24 AM
Could this be a made up video...it almost looks like a girl under the mask that's acting like she was shot...
If that is a lady, it is one big gal, sittin' next to a real small guy.

The whole set of circumstances behind this seem staged to me as well...  Tough to believe someone could be that stupid and still capable of loading the gun in the first place...

If it was staged, they did a fairly elaborate job of it though...  If you look at the video on Youtube, you can see that that seat cusion moved (on the guy that got hit) when the shot was fired.  If it was staged, it had to be electronically linked, or very good timing.

I posted the Youtube link above, but here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A8aWRvece8
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

akp

I had a jake decoy shot once.  Set up in the dark and spotted the guys just before they saw my decoy.  Put the tree between us right before they shot. Happened fast.  Made me a believer that anything can happen and things can turn bad in a hurry.

Tom Foolery

I'm just wondering where all the posts are where the guy deserves it and it was bound to happen?

MDSTRUTNRUT

After seeing the longer video I am even more confused.  The victim was not moving anything but his head for 2 min and 10 sec's of the video but had just hen called not gobble.   The person next to him did have black on the bottom on the vest cushion but doesn't look like that was visible.   The shooter probably couldn't see much as you can see them walk up yards behind the fence.   I wunder if they did "fan" earlier and if there was a gobbler that they were calling to.   They were real tense, looking in same direction with guns shouldered in the first min of the video.   Just mind boggling that someone would pull the trigger at an unknown target,  victims appear to do NOTHING to make it a dangerous situation.    Would like to know the shooters experience but again all are lucky it wasn't much worse.