turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Guesswho" Used A Decoy

Started by guesswho, April 21, 2017, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Me of all people broke down and used a decoy the other day.  I was talked into using one by one of my hunting buddy's because he was wanting one on film.  Anyone who has been around any of these forums know my views on decoys and blinds.  I don't like them, can't watch videos where a turkey gets killed over a decoy or out of a blind even with a bow.  But I couldn't care less if other people choose to hunt over them.   So if your like me and can't stand to watch a turkey hunting video that shows a turkey getting killed because he was fooled visually by decoy, here's a short video of me as the trigger man on a local Georgia WMA hunting over a decoy not in a blind that you might can watch.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v395/olesixbeards/012_zpsvf3mgzdw.mp4
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

On a weather related note, Hell had a hard frost this morning... :whip2:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Andy S.

That turkey should've been like...... :newmascot:

Good luck making me believe that chit......I've been around too long I guess. Dang turkey had a good rope on him, maybe next time...... :goofball:
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

SteelerFan

guesswho

Quote from: Andy S. on April 21, 2017, 04:32:17 PM
That turkey should've been like...... :newmascot:

Good luck making me believe that chit......I've been around too long I guess. Dang turkey had a good rope on him, maybe next time...... :goofball:
Make you believe what, that I didn't shoot?   Trust me, I had no intentions of shooting when we set-up. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

SteelerFan

Quote from: guesswho on April 21, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
Make you believe what, that I didn't shoot?   Trust me, I had no intentions of shooting when we set-up.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :TooFunny:

Greg Massey

Dang, will you shoot the bird..lol....good video ....decoy man NOW...ha ha ha

Farmboy27

guesswho

I'll even admit that I thought dang this is pretty cool, but I just couldn't kill him like that.   I can see where kids would enjoy it.   I just hate that a lot of people get dependent on them and never try or experience the other way. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Cutt

It's amazing how much time you had to shoot him, even after the fact he knew something wasn't right. Where the decoy confuses him after the fact, probably because the decoy isn't spooking and you still had time. Remove the decoy from this scenario and no way you get that extra time, and he wouldn't run in like that either. Was the other guy upset you didn't shoot?

Rapscallion Vermilion

I don't think I could have shot that bird either, except maybe with a paint ball. Now that would be fun.

guesswho

Quote from: Cutt on April 21, 2017, 09:09:33 PM
It's amazing how much time you had to shoot him, even after the fact he knew something wasn't right. Where the decoy confuses him after the fact, probably because the decoy isn't spooking and you still had time. Remove the decoy from this scenario and no way you get that extra time, and he wouldn't run in like that either. Was the other guy upset you didn't shoot?
Yep, your exactly right.

No, he wasn't upset.  He feels about the same way as I do.  I told him up front I probably wasn't shooting if he did come in.   We actually flipped a coin to see who would be on the gun.   He just wanted a video of me killing one over a decoy and I wanted one of him. We both had the same agenda I think :TooFunny:

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 21, 2017, 09:15:16 PM
I don't think I could have shot that bird either, except maybe with a paint ball. Now that would be fun.

Now that's a thought.   I could use one color and he could use another color.  Be interesting to see if any of them would offer second chances.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Andy S.

Let me clarify.....you wouldn't make me believe you ACTUALLY killed one over a decoy. Furthermore, I thought the video was just some bullchit footage you found and uploaded. You've been known to do crazier stuff messing with folks (us hunters) to get a rise out of them.......hope that clarifies my previous post.
Andy S.

Andy S.

Quote from: guesswho on April 21, 2017, 07:39:20 PM
I just hate that a lot of people get dependent on them and never try or experience the other way.
Agree 110%. No blind, no decoys, and hunt'em / kill'em in the hardwoods (not a field/prairie) is my cup of tea. YMMV
Andy S.

guesswho

Quote from: Andy S. on April 21, 2017, 09:39:20 PM
Let me clarify.....you wouldn't make me believe you ACTUALLY killed one over a decoy. Furthermore, I thought the video was just some bullchit footage you found and uploaded. You've been known to do crazier stuff messing with folks (us hunters) to get a rise out of them.......hope that clarifies my previous post.
:TooFunny:  Oh, now it makes perfect sense.  And yes, guilty as charged.   But this one is legit :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff