OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your fav pot call?

Started by aeasley10, April 20, 2017, 10:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeasley10

What's your fav pot call/striker combo. 
I'm looking to pick up a new pot call, and would prefer a slate or aluminum or maybe a combo of both if that's possible.  Love to hear from guys who've used a few to compare.

Currently I'm running a Cody, but think I can find a more accurate sounding call after listening to tons of hens in Neb last week.  Could by my calling too, but would like to hear from you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhuntr73

Big fan of aluminum. I have a few and I just like them alot. Seems like it appeals to my ears. Give one a try and listen to these guys sound files.

870BkWht

Halloran crystal mistress, Hanks Padauk aluminum, Hanks Zebrawood glass over aluminum.

You won't find 3 more realistic pot calls

mikejd

Lonnie Mabry slate over glass. Never leave without it.

Bowguy

Schafer aluminum. Dustin Jones or Mark Cornelious aluminum. Lonzo or Dawkins either stoned or slick aluminum.
Best slates imo are Halloran laminate, (not the wenge one) and Schafers newer slates are killer.

MikeStaten

For aluminum calls I prefer slick anodized or raw/stoned aluminum.  Lon Trice's aluminum over aluminum in acrylic pot is tough to beat in my opinion. His stoned aluminum sound almost the same and are easier to run.

tha bugman

Can't go wrong with Hooks I have several and all sound really good right out of the package

Snood Life

Quote from: MikeStaten on April 21, 2017, 01:38:17 AM
For aluminum calls I prefer slick anodized or raw/stoned aluminum.  Lon Trice's aluminum over aluminum in acrylic pot is tough to beat in my opinion. His stoned aluminum sound almost the same and are easier to run.

X2

boxcaller

lots of good ones out there,....there are some smokers on ebay right now in a benefit auction.

West Augusta

Glen Marrer glass over glass
Riley Corder anodized aluminum
Joe Vance glass over slate in a Trex pot
My Titanium
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Ericbrooks

Yingling 3" copper.

greenhead11

Wvgobbler

Lon Trice all the way!!! Anything you get from him.

hunter22

Quote from: boxcaller on April 21, 2017, 10:34:37 AM
lots of good ones out there,....there are some smokers on ebay right now in a benefit auction.

I agree with Pat, so many great pot call makers out there right now and certainly including him. He has some killers right now in his auctions on ebay. I may have to bid on a couple of the combos myself.

Rzrbac

I haven't owned many a Trice and a Halloran and a Woodhaven. I just got an Atomic 13 from Mr. Shaffer that IMO blows all of the ones I have owned away.  I'm about a 90% mouth call user but this call is gonna get used next week.  It just has that sound, you can tell gobblers are gonna fall in love with it!