OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stardot/Remington 870

Started by tnanh, April 20, 2017, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

Did anyone ever shoot a Star dot choke in a 12 gauge 870. If so do you know what constriction  was it and what were the results?

turkey buster

I don't recall the constriction but with the old red 3in Winchester #6's I got 130-140's which I thought was great then.

tnanh

130-140s is great now for lead. I would be content with that and I have a lot of those shells.

sswv

I just measured my Star Dot ported 12ga Remington choke and it is .670   It will average 240+ in the 10"er at 40yds with the LB #6's. that's in a 21" 870 with 3" chamber. Funny thing is....it'll do about the same with the LB #5's. Killed a LOT of birds with the SD choke and #5 Federal Heavy Weight 2oz loads.

tha bugman

Heck yeah still got mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coonhunter

I still have mine. Got a IC .665 because I thought  I needed a high dollar choke. But my star-dot shoots just as good. I killed a pile of birds with it and the old Winchester supreme #6. 
Joshua 24:15

tnanh

Thanks for the comments. I just bought a used one for a good price. Have not received it yet. I knew they were in demand for an 835 but had never heard anything about them in an 870.

lowoctane

Check out my pattern in the Remington Section under 870 SM... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

tnanh

Lowoctane, that is the closest thing to a perfect pattern with no gaps that I have seen in a long time. Very nice.

lowoctane

Thanks! Have to agree with you and it's the standard I measure my other turkey guns with.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

tnanh

Is the Preston Pitman version the same and as good as the original Stardot?