OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2nd bronze eastern ever (Red phase?)

Started by appalachianstruttstopper, April 20, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appalachianstruttstopper

Well, harvested my second bronze eastern Turkey this morning. Not very common in our area, Appalachian mountains in Virginia. I have never contemplated getting a Turkey mounted before, but I believe I will get this one mounted flying or hanging dead. Haven't decided yet which would display his colors the best.

renegade19

appalachianstruttstopper

A friend of mine called it a red phase eastern. He says he has only seen 3 in the past 50 years in our area.

ILHUNTER

Congrats, beautiful bird, definitely have to mount him.

eorlando

Beautiful bird. Make sure you do some research and have a good taxidermist do the mount.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

A flying mount would be pretty nice on that one.. I'm the opposite, I want a full mount bad but every bird I shoot I think maybe my next will be a better one and don't have it mounted need something special to come along
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 20, 2017, 02:06:04 PM
A flying mount would be pretty nice on that one.. I'm the opposite, I want a full mount bad but every bird I shoot I think maybe my next will be a better one and don't have it mounted need something special to come along

I got my kids 1st bird and his good youth day bird done and talked some parents of kids I've taken to get em done. Just kinda got to thinking about it after I had already skinned the 1st red phase turkey I shot.

trkycaller

goblr77

SteelerFan

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

beakbuster10

Beautiful bird!!! I don't know exactly how far you are from Richmond but Tail Feathers Taxidermy mounts just a pretty of a bird as you ever want to see. PM if you want his info. He's done some ducks and gobblers for me and some buddies, and he's got a gobbler of mine right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suburbhunter

Congratulations on a unique bird  :turkey2:

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: beakbuster10 on April 20, 2017, 08:45:42 PM
Beautiful bird!!! I don't know exactly how far you are from Richmond but Tail Feathers Taxidermy mounts just a pretty of a bird as you ever want to see. PM if you want his info. He's done some ducks and gobblers for me and some buddies, and he's got a gobbler of mine right now.

Thanks for the info beakbuster. Richmond is about 7 hrs away. I'm still stumped on flying or dead hanging bird. My taxidermist showed me both and they where both stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk