turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 vs Mossberg 835

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, April 20, 2017, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie1978

I had a Remington. Just bought a 835. It patterns better. Plus if anything in a Mossberg breaks it can be changed by the owner. The Mossberg is also drilled and tapped.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Big Willie

SinGin

Well there's your answer, clear as mud as to which one is better.

Happy

Quote from: idratherb on April 20, 2017, 07:44:27 PM
Id stick to the remington and use the mossburg for a diggin iron
I know mines put a few turkeys in their graves!

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

ilbucksndux

I have always thought of Mossburg as a throw away gun. You use it for a few years and throw it a way and get a new one. I know that today that is not the case and they make some great guns,but I just prefer the 870 is I had to pick.
Gary Bartlow

Kylongspur88

I grew up with Remington's so that's what I'm used to. Nothing wrong with Missy's though.

kyturkeyhunter4

coonhunter

I grew up on mossbetgs but have now switched to Remington 870. I found the 835 to kick like a freaking mule!!!  The mossberg seem to have a little better pattern.  But I also find the Remington had more options and resale was Better.  So 870 for me!
Joshua 24:15

Uncle Nicky

That is like asking which is better, GM, Ford or Dodge. I own both, and they are both good guns, if I had to pick which one I like better I'd go with the Mossberg, but only because I like the sound it makes when I pull the trigger, sounds like a cannon going off. :blob10: Otherwise, both guns are good, hardest part is finding what choke/shell combination shoots best out of your gun.

Cottonmouth

I'm a Remington fan, don't care for the Mossberg rattle. I know it can be toned down, but I won't buy a gun that sounds like a can of rocks right out of the factory.

kyturkeyhunter4

Ozarks Hillbilly

The forearm rattles as does your Jaw when you touch her off.

turkeywhisperer935

I can settle the recoil argument. Show ma a gun that doesn't have any when you shoot a 3 1/2 inch load. They all do, I hear so much about a Benelli. I shot a black eagle 2 and it about broke my jaw so if a 2,000 dollar gun will they all do. And the pattern out of a 835 or 935 for that matter beat all I ever saw.

Lucky_Strutter

I'm a Remington man but with that said Remington's quality ain't what it use to be, I would take an older 870 sp or wingmaster over a new 835 any day of the week, if it were a newer 870 version vs a new 835 I might have to give the mossy a try.
The Great White Spur Hunter

Chris O

I grew up on Remington and loved them,but they aren't what they used to be for sure.I bought a Mossberg  youth gun for my kids to start with and they have killed a lot of game with it, but it does rattle on the forearm. I shoot a CZ now and like it, they are a good gun for the money. I never really felt the need to shoot 3 1/2 inch shells so I don't know if CZ offers a 3 1/2.