turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Missouri so far

Started by Bolandstrutters, April 20, 2017, 10:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Hunted hard this morning on a 2400 acre public piece.... Had a lot of gobbling early than someone running around chasing gobbles shut them all up. I heard one gobble below me after I moved setups, then not 10 minutes later a shot rang out from where the area I believe the bird gobbled in. Moved again, and gave it till 11. On the way out there was four different guys around the property all coming as late as could be.

Hooksfan

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 20, 2017, 10:31:16 PM
Quote from: Hooksfan on April 20, 2017, 09:52:49 PM
It has been a phenomenal year so far. It is my kids last youth season and I wanted to focus on him having some great opportunities.  He has taken 5 very nice birds. 2 KS, 2 NB, and a stud of a bird during Missouri youth. He has one  MO tag left but can't take another bird until next Monday....dumb reg! I told him he would have to call in the last one himself.
I have tagged out in KS and got a great bird here in Missiuri.
Called another one in for a buddy this morning.
So far, they are acting like they are supposed to.
Sheesh.... That's a helluva way to go out. Youth seasons were the best. Hunting public or private?
Public in the two other states and private in Missouri.

owlhoot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 21, 2017, 02:25:11 PM
Hunted hard this morning on a 2400 acre public piece.... Had a lot of gobbling early than someone running around chasing gobbles shut them all up. I heard one gobble below me after I moved setups, then not 10 minutes later a shot rang out from where the area I believe the bird gobbled in. Moved again, and gave it till 11. On the way out there was four different guys around the property all coming as late as could be.
yep you gotta love those run and gun hunters spooking the birds and busting into every ones setups. Too many learning from the video on tv.