OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Missouri so far

Started by Bolandstrutters, April 20, 2017, 10:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolandstrutters

Birds have been acting right for the most part.  Scouted pretty hard the past few weeks and had a couple birds in my lap opening morning.  Birds hammering on the roost and decently on the ground as well.  Had one fired up all the way until 9 on Tuesday when we had to leave the woods.  If my dad was mobile, he would have been a dead bird as well. 

HookedonHooks

I tagged out in KS on Sunday, hunted the MO opener Monday and didn't hear a single gobble on some public land. I hunted with a buddy on some private property this morning, where he missed yesterday and had gobblers all around him, this morning also no gobbles. I think it's Missouri telling me to stay in KS, even though I've put over a dozen birds in MO on the ground..... Those all came from one private property I can no longer hunt because the land owner died, and the kids are still in the process of selling for two years running and won't allow us to hunt. So if anyone here has a million dollars to blow I know where some of the most prime turkey/deer property in MO is available lol..... Back to the point though, I'm hunting tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday in MO just don't know where yet as I want to hear some gobbles at the very least.

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 20, 2017, 11:28:15 AM
I tagged out in KS on Sunday, hunted the MO opener Monday and didn't hear a single gobble on some public land. I hunted with a buddy on some private property this morning, where he missed yesterday and had gobblers all around him, this morning also no gobbles. I think it's Missouri telling me to stay in KS, even though I've put over a dozen birds in MO on the ground..... Those all came from one private property I can no longer hunt because the land owner died, and the kids are still in the process of selling for two years running and won't allow us to hunt. So if anyone here has a million dollars to blow I know where some of the most prime turkey/deer property in MO is available lol..... Back to the point though, I'm hunting tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday in MO just don't know where yet as I want to hear some gobbles at the very least.

The weather is looking rough until Sunday.  At least in my part of the state.  I drive a lot at work and have noticed a lot of lonely gobblers mid morning out by themselves.  My buddy killed just a few minutes ago.  Bird didn't make a peep.  Patience will kill a lot of birds right now.

turkey harvester

My wife laid the smack down on one opening morning during all them storms. Didn't hear very many hens, and they came in silent.  Myself I think season is a little early this year. Heck they weren't really even fired up during the youth season like they normally are.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

renegade19

tha bugman

Congrats!  Nice looking birds glad that they are active and responding!

Bolandstrutters

I have a group of turkey hunting buddies from Missouri and so far we are 15 for 20 in the first four days of season.  A few of the guys who haven't killed haven't hunted yet.  I'd say it's on!

trkycaller

Hooksfan

It has been a phenomenal year so far. It is my kids last youth season and I wanted to focus on him having some great opportunities.  He has taken 5 very nice birds. 2 KS, 2 NB, and a stud of a bird during Missouri youth. He has one  MO tag left but can't take another bird until next Monday....dumb reg! I told him he would have to call in the last one himself.
I have tagged out in KS and got a great bird here in Missiuri.
Called another one in for a buddy this morning.
So far, they are acting like they are supposed to.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Hooksfan on April 20, 2017, 09:52:49 PM
It has been a phenomenal year so far. It is my kids last youth season and I wanted to focus on him having some great opportunities.  He has taken 5 very nice birds. 2 KS, 2 NB, and a stud of a bird during Missouri youth. He has one  MO tag left but can't take another bird until next Monday....dumb reg! I told him he would have to call in the last one himself.
Sheesh.... That's a helluva way to go out. Youth seasons were the best. Hunting public or private?

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: Hooksfan on April 20, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

I hate that reg too.  I wouldn't mind one bird a day, but one bird the first week sucks.  It really makes it hard to schedule vacation time off. 

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Dr Juice

Congrats to the both of you.