OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Real avid turkey sling

Started by Rockhound, April 19, 2017, 09:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

I used my buddy's yesterday to tote a bird out. Anyone have one they want to part with before I buy a new one?

TRG3

I've toted two gobblers out so far this spring with my homemade sling. I cut out a piece of stiff foam that was originally used as a carpet pad. It's about the size and shape of a shoe insole. To that, I glued a piece of thick leather and punched a hole through each end of the two glued pieces in order to pass a piece of cord through each hole, tying a knot in the cord between the two holes in order to keep the cord in place. The foam side rests on my shoulder while keeping the leather side up, thus keeping the cord from cutting into the foam. I tied a loop into each end of the cord so as to be able to make another loop when I attach one end of the cord around the turkey's neck and the other around the two legs. I made this out of scrap "stuff", so I've got nothing invested in the sling except a little time. One of the gobblers was carried over a quarter mile non-stop along with my decoys, shotgun, etc...and I'm in my 7th decade of life!