OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SS box purpleheart over cedar

Started by OldSwamper, April 18, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSwamper

I know halloran makes a great PH over cedar, but curious about SS.  Anyone have an opinion or experience on these.  SS did not have any available for a soundfile. Thanks in advance

SteelerFan

SS is great. I have that combo, and it sounds great. Just as good as any other....

Customer service is great with Al & Josh

BABS9

Great call from great guys! You won't be disappointed

Bowguy

I have one too, like everything from SS it's top notch

coyote1

I have this combo and a few others from ss. The sound and craftsmanship is excellent. You can't go wrong getting a call from Al and Josh.

Happy hooker

Or if you can find a Lonnie Mabry purpleheart/cedar that's one of his best,,sound so good I have two.

Frozen Crow

SS make great calls. I am sure PH cedar is awesome!

beakbuster10

SS makes an awesome box. I've had a couple of their boxes but not that combo. That combo is a turkey killer from any good builder. I've got PH/Cedar from Dad (Jerry White) and push come to shove, it's the best meat call I've got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Have hallorans with the spalted maple end caps she talks a little hen but I bet SS makes a killer one too since I've never heard a call of there's that was anything short of awesome

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gunboy203

I don't have that combo, but have another from SS and is one of the best sounding box calls that I have heard...
Can't go wrong with any call from Al and Josh...

mgm1955

tha bugman

Al and Josh are great guys and will hook you up with whatever tone you are looking for!

mossyhorn2

I met Al and Josh at Unicoi and purchased a purpleheart and cedar box from them. It sounds awesome and helped me to harvest my first Merriams in Nebraska. You won't be sorry if you decide to try one. They are great people to deal with and they make great sounding calls.

wvmntnhick

I believe that to be the same box I've got. If not then it's Purple Heart over mahogany. Not certain at this point as I've not read it in a while. What I can say for certain is that it certainly talks to birds. It's not a call I'll be parting with anytime soon. Also have a Purple Heart over cedar box from Lonnie Mabry. Both are dangerous. Haven't focused on the boxes much this year though for some strange reason. Scratchers and pots for the most part but I'll give a nod to the SS fellas. Al and josh are great guys to deal with and I plan to get another in the future. Just waiting for things to free up sometime soon.

OldSwamper

well, this thread has come full circle, as I recently received my Purpleheart over Red Cedar from SS.  Man does this thing sound good.  Thanks for all the replies fellas.