turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Texas Rio Kill on Camera

Started by JMalin, April 18, 2017, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMalin

It was a great season in Texas.  I tagged out with four birds, the last two harvested on April 13th.  This was my second bird of the season.  Beautiful white tips on this bird, comparable to a Merriam's.  The fan is drying as we speak.  I'll post up a picture when it's finished.  Not the longest beard at 8.25 inches, but I'm not too particular at this point of my turkey hunting career.  1 1/8th spurs.  Weighed in at nearly 22lbs, making it the heaviest bird I ever harvested.  Decent footage of the two jakes in the last minute or so of the video.  Enjoy!

Not really much to recap on this hunt.  I got setup around 7:20.  Called every 5-10 minutes.  It was windy, so I didn't expect the birds to be talkative that morning.  Around 7:40, the tom fires off at butt pucker distance before working his way into the decoys from the left.  The rest is there on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83wfOPlZdtg&feature=youtu.be

J.D. Shellnut

Beautiful bird! That's pretty cool the way his laid back on him after he quit flopping! Awesome video!
60% of the time it works every time!

Dr Juice

WisTurk

Nice! Was this on public or private land?

JMalin

Quote from: WisTurk on April 18, 2017, 04:06:02 PM
Nice! Was this on public or private land?

In this state?  Private land for sure.  There are a few places to chase birds on public land, but not like other states.  I'm fortunate to have a place to go.