OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can Anyone Top This?

Started by Neill_Prater, April 18, 2017, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

Got a picture this morning from my buddy Tim of his second Kentucky bird. This is the 10th hunting day in a row over the past couple of years where he has bagged a bird. I, on the other hand, am more likely to go 10 days without getting one.  ;)

I thought this to be quite an accomplishment, and was curious if anyone else has had a similar run of good luck. By the way, I am sure some of you will remember Tim as turk2di from the now defunct NWTF forums.

wvmntnhick

I've kept a personal streak alive as well. Yesterday marked the 12th year in a row that I've not killed a bird on opening day. Come to think of it, I generally have to wait until darned near the end of the season to connect. Seems I do better under pressure.

Number17

I killed 5 longbeards on 5 consecutive personal hunts here in Pennsylvania.

2 in 2014
2 in 2015
and kill one on opening morning last year.

Then I broke my streak until the last week of the season when I killed my second one last year. He was a good one though. 1 3/8" spurs.

If I add in my Dad's bird in 2014, we went 6 hunts in a row with 6 longbeards down.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Happy

Best streak was 4 birds on 6 hunts. Tagged out. Still called in two more for young kids in three hunts.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

catman529

2013 I hunted four days, Saturday, Sunday, Friday and Saturday, and got my four birds... Prob won't have that chance again for a while, but I will not let it happen again. Had the entire season left and couldn't kill anymore. Took a couple buddies hunting and got one guy his first turkey, but still wasn't the same. I like hunting all through the month of April at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: catman529 on April 18, 2017, 08:08:11 AM
2013 I hunted four days, Saturday, Sunday, Friday and Saturday, and got my four birds... Prob won't have that chance again for a while, but I will not let it happen again. Had the entire season left and couldn't kill anymore. Took a couple buddies hunting and got one guy his first turkey, but still wasn't the same. I like hunting all through the month of April at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How I feel this season, so I bought MO tags.... Killed my two in KS in four hunts on the first four days.... Last year I hunted until May 31 and came up empty handed. It's honestly a little depressing knowing I'm already done, but feel pretty accomplished knowing I did it on public land.

lhprop1

I'm on a 1 year streak right now.  We'll see if I can extend it to 2 years this weekend.

Bill Cooksey

Honestly never really counted that way, but my best season was 21 birds in 23 days. It was the first year TN had a four bird limit. I killed three of mine in the first three days and guided others until the last Friday of the season. Then I went alone again and killed my fourth.

My son had a pretty good run when he could hunt the youth season. He killed a bird the first morning before the sun cleared the trees every year.

jblackburn

I'm two years in a row killing two gobblers in one day in Oklahoma.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

appalachianassassin

last year I missed 5 birds in 5 hunts. was kinda aggravated for a while.

Tail Feathers

I had a real good streak going when I first started turkey hunting, but the numbers slipped over the years. ;D
Tim is on a roll!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MK M GOBL

High plains drifter

I got a real nice gobbler in eastern mt. Recently.Called this bird in, and I'd like to post a photo, if I can figure it out.

Tomfoolery

Got a lil streak going myself. Second year in a row that i dont kill one in my home state lol

ilbucksndux

I was on an opening day roll for several years. The problem with that is that I like to hunt, and the way our seasons are it could be weeks before my next tag was good. Its both enjoyable and frustrating at the same time to tag one early for me .
Gary Bartlow