OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First turkey in 5 or so years

Started by DeafGobbler, April 17, 2017, 09:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafGobbler

Finally sealed the deal in Virginia! Went to visit a buddy for some week long turkey hunting and I tagged out the first morning! It was a young/small bird, but he came in hot the whole way and got some awesome go-pro footage. I'll post it when I get all the footage edited. Not only did I tag out, him and his wife did as well! Super fun week chasing birds and I learned a ton in that short week! Only my 3rd bird ever and my first since a 5 year long skunk. I decided to take this season serious and have learned so much, I'm stoked for next season already!

Greg Massey

DeafGobbler

My buddies wife with a stud.

Mine...

And his..

DeafGobbler

So much fun, spent a couple morning being cut off by other hunters and pulling birds from other hunters. Pressure was extremely tough, but had mornings like the last morning where we ended up working 4 different birds in a morning. Didn't seal the deal on that day, but my buddy went back to one of those birds the following day and got his wife on a good one.

beagler

Never Misses

Tailwalk

Beautiful land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

Marc

First off...  Someone knows how to take a picture and use photoshop...  Great pictures!

Congratulations on a great hunt...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

SteelerFan

FUN:

Definition of fun
:  what provides amusement or enjoyment; specifically :  playful often boisterous action or speech full of fun
:  a mood for finding or making amusement all in fun

3 THIS POST!!

Congratulations!!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

DeafGobbler

Thanks guys!

It was a blast, really wish I could finish my season out back home but work won't allow it.

Pretty sure turkey season will be my new obsession. Poor duck dog isn't going to know what to do! Lol

turkeywhisperer935

Ain't nothing wrong with any of them birds, congrats.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

appalachianstruttstopper

Good deal!! I feel ur pain about the work deal lol