turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what have you found?

Started by sswv, April 17, 2017, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

I was coming thru a small hardwood flat behind a friends pasture field this morning and found this beard. I'm guessing someone had been in there Saturday for our youth day and the beard fell off a decoy. I've found lot's of stuff in the woods but never a turkey beard. Guess the guy wanted that 'real as it gets' look.

guesswho

I found somebody's leg one time in Georgia.  Mostly bone.  From the hip joint all the way to the toes.   Found an old moonshine still just prior to that.  Have walked up on a couple different small marijuana crops.  Found an old tent with what appeared to be a freshly skinned dog hanging beside it, could have been a coyote but looked like Bowzer to me. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ilbucksndux

Gary Bartlow

turkeyfeathers

Quote from: guesswho on April 17, 2017, 12:44:33 PM
I found somebody's leg one time in Georgia.  Mostly bone.  From the hip joint all the way to the toes.   Found an old moonshine still just prior to that.  Have walked up on a couple different small marijuana crops.  Found an old tent with what appeared to be a freshly skinned dog hanging beside it, could have been a coyote but looked like Bowzer to me.
That's mighty weird stuff right there !

spaightlabs

Wandered up onto a meth lab.  Wandered back out as quickly as a I could but on very high alert.

Tail Feathers

My grandson found a turkey beard just this morning.  It was all gnarly and had been there a while looked like.  Since season is only three days old, I'm guessing it was from a predator kill, but there were no feathers or any other sign around the spot.
Less gobblers for us! :'(
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Ozarks Hillbilly

I found a guy missing a leg that smelled of moonshine and marijuana looked like he had been living out of a tent and had recently skinned a canine.

outdoors

IM THINKING ABOUT STAYING AT HOME.......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Happy

Found Marijuana crops once. Several old tombstones, deer skulls, and once a rifle. Tracked down the owner to the rifle and returned it.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM

I found a guy missing a leg that smelled of moonshine and marijuana looked like he had been living out of a tent and had recently skinned a canine.

Now that there's a fellow who's on his last leg.

dublelung

I found a Remington 1187 Premier 2 years ago on Mississippi public land.

Sprayed it down with Kroil and any other kind of penetrating oil I could find and got it all taken apart.

Took it to a local gunsmith and had it checked out, Cerakoted, and back in working condition.  Wanting to kill a turkey with it now!

turkeyfeathers

How does one lose a $1000 shotgun in the woods ?

jblackburn

Didn't necessarily "find" this, but it was an odd enough thing for me to take a picture.

Also found marijuana a few times.

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dublelung

Quote from: turkeyfeathers on April 17, 2017, 03:50:55 PM
How does one lose a $1000 shotgun in the woods ?

This particular WMA has several people who deer and squirrel hunt off horseback. It had 5 lead #6 shot in the gun so I'm guessing they were squirrel hunting and it fell out of a horse scabbard and into the edge of the slough. I listed it on a couple hunting forums as well as Facebook and Instagram and said that whoever could identify the approximate location or the part of the serial number I could make out could have the gun. Apparently losing a gun is common because I had 3 different people contact me about lost guns in MS WMA's in that area.

guesswho

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM
Was he missing his right leg or left?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff