OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what have you found?

Started by sswv, April 17, 2017, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I have found a cemetery in the middle of no where with no roads for a couple of miles in any direction. there were about a dozen graves ranging from early  1800s to mid 1800s. even a set of twins that were both 3 years old when they passed.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

I saw a couple having sex on public land one morning while turkey hunting. I just watched for a few min's and easy on down the road...It really was a great morning hunt...i enjoyed and left going the other way...

Marc

Lost my marbles, but never found them.

I did find my way after being lost  once though.

Actually, I have found all the usual, such as antler sheds, interesting animal skeletons, etc.  But one place I hunted, we found an old hippie bus (that looked like the Scoobie Doo mystery van).

That van was on the side of a steep hill and in thick foliage.  No way to come in from above (steep rocky ridge),  and we have no idea how he came in from below to get that van there.

Someone had at some time, set it up for living in.  Ripped out half the seats with a table, and sleeping area.  We tried to clean it out, cause we thought it would be fun to camp out in...  We worked for about 10 minutes and found just too many undesirable critters (spiders, snakes, etc.)...

We asked the owner about it, and he also emphasized that it was a mystery.  He thought the only way to get it there was by dropping it with a helicopter.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

BowBendr

Came upon a fellow one time in the western NC mountains, he was wearing a yellow rain suit. It was 80 degrees and no rain in sight. He was carrying an axe and a shovel, he had a mongrel dog with him....everything, and I mean everything, was covered in blood from head to toe. The dog was even licking it off his chops.
Didn't go any further to see if I could 'find' anything.

Gods of Thunder

HawkeyeGobbler

One time I came upon an old picnic table in the middle of nowhere at the end of a trail in a clearing. On the table was a very large, fresh (not rotted but rigormortis set in) german shepherd dead on the table. One fork and one steak knife were sticking out into its ribs. No other sign of people other than some cigarette butts. Probably the outright weirdest.

I found a taurus tracker revolver in a creek one time and it worked after some cleaning and a visit to a gun smith.

What would've been the worst one luckily someone stopped my dad and warned him. We were going to chase some pheasants (back when we had them) and were headed towards some thickets as this was the late season and they were in thicker stuff. A very distraught guy was walking very fast out of the woods near the parking lot, where we would take the trail and walk to the field. Guy comes up to my dad and motions to come close and says "can I talk to you a minute". Guy was a stranger but being a kid (9ish maybe) i didn't think too much of it and wandered around while the guy whispered in dad's ear. "Let's go" dad said, I wondered why. He said we weren't to be hunting there and we would try another field. Years later dad told me the story, the other guy had come across a guy who blew his brains out in the woods and left a note pinned to his chest. He was just coming out to report it and didn't want a guy with his kid to come across it.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: guesswho on April 17, 2017, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM
I found a guy missing a leg that smelled of moonshine and marijuana looked like he had been living out of a tent and had recently skinned a canine.
Was he missing his right leg or left?

I believe it was the left  ;D
Looks as if you have a picture of his missing leg if I ever run across him again I'll see if he thinks that's his. LOL

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

JK Spurs

Found a stolen F150 from a local Ford dealership.
I like my turkey well peppered

SteelerFan

Lucky_Strutter

Found this Saturday 1849-1901
The Great White Spur Hunter

kjnengr

I found this on our leased land..... and its not mine or anyone I know of.

Bill Cooksey

Found what I believe is a confederate gravesite in middle of nowhere deep woods just yesterday. Grave had been excavated a long time ago. Hopefully it was done after the war by his family, and the man is resting amongst his kin.

About the weirdest I've heard of was two guys who found a hand with a Rolex on the wrist sticking up out of the ground. One of them still has the watch.

appalachianassassin

I think Ronnie is the winner. that's some messed up stuff brother.

High plains drifter

One time, several years ago,I found a grave way out in eastern mt.It was a guy who died in 1880. Said he was kicked by a horse. The Indians had put small animal skulls on it, as some kind of ritual. It was a spooky place, but I shot a bird near the old cabin, where this guy used to live.

ALfwlmth

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM
Quote from: guesswho on April 17, 2017, 12:44:33 PM
I found somebody's leg one time in Georgia.  Mostly bone.  From the hip joint all the way to the toes.   Found an old moonshine still just prior to that.  Have walked up on a couple different small marijuana crops.  Found an old tent with what appeared to be a freshly skinned dog hanging beside it, could have been a coyote but looked like Bowzer to me.

I found a guy missing a leg that smelled of moonshine and marijuana looked like he had been living out of a tent and had recently skinned a canine.
Coffee out my nose... Good stuff. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk