OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1st NC BIRD DOWN!(Updated Story)

Started by PureGold, April 11, 2011, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGold

Killed this bird this morning at 9:45. Came in quiet, but left with a bang!

So I set up in this field than is triangle in shape. It has a two track at every corner. The bird like to walk the two tracks between fields. We had seen Toms coming to the field almost everytime we had been there. The birds would make their way there between 9 and 10am. So...I set up close to the southern two track at 5:50 well before light. I heard two different birds gobble early. After that it was quiet. At about 6:15 a see a gobbler walk across the field at about 120yrs to the North. I sat until about 8:30 when I had to go out into the field to fix my decoys position. I wanted to make sure if a Tom came into the field he would see her.

At 9:00 a man on a bicycle rode by my and I scared him half to death. He was in the middle of no where on a bike. i had to laugh it off but at the same time it frustrated the devil out of me!

At about 9:30 I look to my left and I see a Red Head just over a rise in the field. He is heading to the two track to the west. I was worried he was going to walk right out of sight so I made a few sharp clucks and stopped him in his tracks. He fanned out and put on a show for a minute. Once he calmed down he started again to walk away from me. I stopped him again with a few soft yelps. He spun around and looked! He couldn't see over the rise in the field so he slowly started to make his way towards me. It took him 10 minutes to work his way 20 yrds where he was able to see over the rise. Once he saw the Hen decoy he went on a dead walk right towards it. He got about 30 paces from me and I let him have a good dose of Hevi13's!

I Love Turkey Hunting! I hope you enjoyed the story!

PG

Thanks WARBIRD for the calls!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Gobble!

bayou gobbler

Trip

Sweet!! Congratulations.....  :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

Way to go. Congrats on a nice bird..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Congrats on a great hunt!  :z-guntootsmiley:

870supermagnum

Very nice gobbler... great job!   :happy0064:

randlet

Congratulations. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the story.

harvester

JVA54

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy